Pre-requisite / Skillset for Electric Drives Internship
1. Intern should be able to formulate and analyze the basic construction, working principle and characteristics of various electrical machines.
2. Must be capable of evaluating the performance characteristics of motor drives for mechanical load requirements to design torque, speed and position controller in an energy efficient manner.
3. Should describe the various electrical drives with basic structure, operation and characteristics.
4. Must analyze the structure of electric drive systems and their role in various applications and requirements placed by mechanical systems on electric drives.
5. Intern should be able to illustrate the basic concepts of solid-state drives in controlling of DC motor and induction motors.
6. Should be capable of designing and installing electrical machines and drives in an industrial environment.
7. Intern must be able to explain different types of electrical machines and their performance.
8. Should be aware of different methods of starting D.C motors and induction motors.
9. Must be familiar with conventional and solid-state drives.
Electric Drives Internship Test
Intern has to take Electric Drives internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Electric Drives topic.
1. Among the following which one exhibits linearly rising load torque characteristics?
(B) Rolling Mills
(C) Fan load
(D) Separately excited dc generator connected to the resistive load
Explanation: Separately excited dc generator connected to the resistive load is an example of linearly rising load torque characteristics as the torque increases linearly with an increase in speed.
2. Passive torques always oppose the motion of the driven machine.
Explanation: Passive torques are due to friction or shear and deformation in elastic bodies. They always oppose the motion, restricting the motion of the machine.
3. What type of force handles for active torques?
(A) Strong nuclear forces
(B) Weak nuclear forces
(C) Gravitational forces
(D) Electrostatic forces
Explanation: Gravitational forces are responsible for active torques. Active torques due to gravitational forces can be obtained in the case of hoists, lifts or elevators and railway locomotives operating on gradients.
4. Torque inversely varies with the speed in the windage load torque component.
Explanation: Torque varies with a square of speed in the windage load torque component whereas in coulomb torque component torque is constant.
5. Reverse motoring mode is available in fourth quadrant.
Explanation: In reverse motoring mode motor rotates in opposite to original direction as direction of motor torque changes which makes the motor to run in opposite direction and load torque tries to oppose the motion of motor.
Practice the full set of Electric Drives Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Electric Drives Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Electric Drives Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Electric Drives Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Electric Drives, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Electric Drives subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Electric Drives".
2. Electric Drives articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Electric Drives Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Electric Drives Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Electric Drives Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Electric Drives" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Electric Drives InternshipIf you are looking for "Electric Drives" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Electric Drives, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Electric Drives InternshipWho can apply for Electric Drives content writing internship?
Students who had studied Electric Drives in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Electric Drives.
What are the skill sets required for Electric Drives internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Electric Drives internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Electric Drives Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Electric Drives?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Electric Drives?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Electric Drives. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Electric Drives internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Electric Drives at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]