This set of Electric Circuits Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Voltage and Current Sources, Electrical Resistance”.
1) The symbol used for representing Independent sources
Explanation: Independent sources are represented by circle
Dependent sources are represented by Diamond.
2. Controlled sources are also known as
a) Independent sources
b) Dependent sources
c) Ideal sources
d) Voltage sources
Explanation: Voltage V = dw/dq and its SI unit is Volt.
Explanation: i3 =αvx means ix value depends on vx
Controlled voltage is vx.
4. Inductor is _______________ element.
Explanation: Passive element means it could not generate electricity.
Explanation: Same Voltage
Explanation: Independent current source supplied current through terminals a and b. Dependent source supplies voltage across the same pair of terminals and an ideal current source supplies same current regardless of voltage, similarly an ideal voltage source supplies same voltage irrespective of current, so this is an allowable connection.
7. The opposing capacity of materials against the current flow is
Explanation: The opposing capacity of materials against the current flow is resistance.
8. The conductance of a 923Ω resistance is
a) 1.08 * 10-3 mho
b) 1.08 * 10-4 mho
c) 1.02 * 10-3 mho
d) 1.02 * 10-4 mho
Explanation: c=1/R =1/923 = 1.08 * 10-3 mho
9. The current passing through a circuit is 7.2A and the power at the terminals is 27 watts.
Existence is ___________ ohms.
Explanation: p = vi
= (iR) i
= i2 R
R = P/i2
10. Relation between power, voltage and conductance
a) V = P2.G
b) V = P2/G
c) P = v2/G
d) P = V2 G
Explanation: P = vi
= v (v/R)
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Electric Circuits.
To practice all areas of Electric Circuits, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.