Pre-requisite / Skillset for Distillation Design Internship
1. Intern should have basic knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of designing for the food, chemical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, petroleum refining, gas and alcohol industries.
2. Should be able to examine processes and equipment design procedures, discuss the limitations of the various design methods.
3. Should be capable of providing solutions to design trouble-free systems.
4. Should be aware of guidelines for using computer programs in design.
5. Should be capable of troubleshooting and diagnosing design malfunctions.
6. Should be familiar with distillation column design.
7. Should be aware of interaction between design and control of distillation column.
Distillation Design Internship Test
Intern has to take Distillation Design internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Distillation Design topic.
1. Which system can be said as an Ideal system that obeys?
(A) Henrys Law
(B) Daltons Law
(C) Phase Rule
(D) Cremer’s rule
Explanation: The system that obeys Henry’s and Dalton’s Law is called an ideal system, as they are derived from the ideal gas relation PV=Nrt.
2. If reflux increases, then the cost of operation
(A) First increases then decreases
(B) Goes on increasing
(C) Approaches infinity
(D) First decreases then increases
Explanation: The reflux ratio follows an exponential relation with cost, cost grows exponentially as the reflux increases and can cause increase in cost.
3. The tray by tray approach method was given by
Explanation: The oldest method of calculation was given by Sorel in 1893, Murphree gave equations for efficiency, Fenske for the minimum trays.
4. The feed of a distillation column is related to be a
(A) Binary mixture
(B) Urinary mixture
(C) Mixture of phases
(D) Tertiary Mixture
Explanation: Mixture of phases i.e. two phase mixture is necessary for distillation, either it can be a multicomponent mixture as per required conditions.
5. Sometime the reboiler is also considered as the
(A) Reflux item
(B) Extra equity
(C) Heat extractor
(D) Extra Stage
Explanation: The reboiler is sometimes used as an extra stage of operation of distillation, because the heat dissipated is also considered in the calculation of trays.
Practice the full set of Distillation Design Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Distillation Design Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Distillation Design Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Distillation Design Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Distillation Design, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Distillation Design subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Distillation Design".
2. Distillation Design articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Distillation Design Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Distillation Design Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Distillation Design Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Distillation Design" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Distillation Design InternshipIf you are looking for "Distillation Design" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Distillation Design, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Distillation Design InternshipWho can apply for Distillation Design content writing internship?
Students who had studied Distillation Design in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Distillation Design.
What are the skill sets required for Distillation Design internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Distillation Design internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Distillation Design Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Distillation Design?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Distillation Design?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Distillation Design. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Distillation Design internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Distillation Design at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]