Pre-requisite / Skillset for Data Structure I Internship
1. Intern should have the ability to implement abstract data types for linear data structures.
2. Must be aware of applying the different linear and non-linear data structures to solve problems.
3. Should be able to critically analyze the various sorting algorithms.
4. Must be familiar with the concepts of ADTs.
5. Should be aware of linear data structures – lists, stacks, and queues.
6. Should have adequate knowledge on sorting, searching and hashing algorithms.
7. Should be able to apply Tree and Graph structures.
8. Using different types of data structures, operations and algorithms
9. Ability to apply searching and sorting operations on files
10. Ability to use stack, Queue, Lists, Trees and Graphs in problem solving.
11. Implementing all data structures in a high-level language for problem solving.
Data Structure I Internship Test
Intern has to take Data Structure I internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Data Structure I topic.
1. Elements in an array are accessed _____________
Explanation: Elements in an array are accessed randomly. In Linked lists, elements are accessed sequentially.
2. Consider the usual algorithm for determining whether a sequence of parentheses is balanced. Suppose that you run the algorithm on a sequence that contains 2 left parentheses and 3 right parentheses (in some order). The maximum number of parentheses that appear on the stack AT ANY ONE TIME during the computation?
(D) 4 or more
Explanation: In the entire parenthesis balancing method when the incoming token is a left parenthesis it is pushed into stack. A right parenthesis makes pop operation to delete the elements in stack till we get left parenthesis as top most element. 2 left parenthesis are pushed whereas one right parenthesis removes one of left parenthesis. 2 elements are there before right parenthesis which is the maximum number of elements in stack at run time.
3. Which data structure is used for implementing recursion?
Explanation: Stacks are used for the implementation of Recursion.
4. The type of expression in which operator succeeds its operands is?
(A) Infix Expression
(B) Prefix Expression
(C) Postfix Expression
(D) Both Prefix and Postfix Expressions
Explanation: The expression in which operator succeeds its operands is called postfix expression. The expression in which operator precedes the operands is called prefix expression. If an operator is present between two operands, then it is called infix expressions.
5. Which of the following is not the type of queue?
(A) Ordinary queue
(B) Single ended queue
(C) Circular queue
(D) Priority queue
Explanation: Queue always has two ends. So, single ended queue is not the type of queue.
Practice the full set of Data Structure I Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Data Structure I Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Data Structure I Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Data Structure I Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Data Structure I, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Data Structure I subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Data Structure I".
2. Data Structure I articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Data Structure I Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Data Structure I Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Data Structure I Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Data Structure I" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Data Structure I InternshipIf you are looking for "Data Structure I" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Data Structure I, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Data Structure I InternshipWho can apply for Data Structure I content writing internship?
Students who had studied Data Structure I in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Data Structure I.
What are the skill sets required for Data Structure I internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Data Structure I internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Data Structure I Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Data Structure I?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Data Structure I?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Data Structure I. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Data Structure I internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Data Structure I at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]