This set of CSS Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Inheritance and Cascade”.
1. Which of the following are different origins of style sheets?
c) user agent
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: Author: The author specifies style sheets for a source document according to the conventions of the document language. For instance, in HTML, style sheets may be included in the document or linked externally.
User: The user may be able to specify style information for a particular document. For example, the user may specify a file that contains a style sheet or the user agent may provide an interface that generates a user style sheet (or behaves as if it did).
User agent: Conforming user agents must apply a default style sheet. A user agent’s default style sheet should present the elements of the document language in ways that satisfy general presentation expectations for the document language
2. Which of the following Cascading order has the highest precedence?
a) user agent declarations
b) user normal declarations
c) author normal declarations
d) author important declarations
3. Which of the following property is used to define how nested items are rendered in a 3-D space?
Explanation: transform-style is used to define how nested items are rendered in a 3-D space, the choice being either flattened or with their dimensions preserved. This property affects the children of the element and not the element itself. Also, the property does not cascade, so it is necessary to apply it at all levels.
4. Which of the following rule allows users to import style rules from other style sheets?
Explanation: The @import rule allows users to import style rules from other style sheets. If an @import rule refers to a valid stylesheet, user agents must treat the contents of the stylesheet as if they were written in place of the @import rule.
5. Which of the following property is a shorthand that resets all CSS properties?
6. Which of the following generate “virtual” rules representing their effects when running?
c) CSS Animations
7. The _______________ is the result of taking the computed value and completing any remaining calculations to make it the absolute theoretical value used in the layout of the document.
a) cascaded value
b) declared value
c) used value
d) none of the mentioned
8. The _________________ is the result of resolving the specified value.
a) cascaded value
b) computed value
c) specified value
d) declared value
9. The ____________ represents the result of the cascade: it is the declared value that wins the cascade.
a) specified Value
b) actual value
c) computed value
d) cascaded value
10. The CSS cascade assigns a weight to each style rule. State true or false.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – CSS.
To practice all areas of CSS, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.