Pre-requisite / Skillset for Corrosion Engineering Internship
1. Intern should be aware of needs for corrosion education, the functions and roles of an engineer to prevent Corrosion.
2. Require adequate knowledge on the basic concepts of Corrosion, Corrosion in different materials, Corrosion Electrochemistry, Corrosion Thermodynamics, Kinetics and Applications.
3. Must be familiar with Methodology, Methods and Materials to prevent the Corrosion.
4. Require basic knowledge of Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry.
5. Must be familiar with Reaction Mechanism, Thermodynamics, Fluid Flow and Chemical Reaction Engineering, Various types of Material and Metals.
6. Ability to describe about the fundamental of corrosion and identify different corrosions.
7. Able to understand the theory involved in kinetics of corrosion.
8. Ability to identify the corrosion types occurs in different industries.
9. Knowledge on the various corrosion tests and its importance.
10. Should be capable of applying the knowledge for selection of appropriate corrosion protection method.
Corrosion Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Corrosion Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Corrosion Engineering topic.
1. What are the advantages of corrosion?
(A) Protection of metals by surficial oxide layer
(B) Zn-carbon electrochemical reactions in the battery
(C) Decrease in the strength of material
(D) Protection of metals by the surficial oxide layer and Zn-carbon electrochemical reactions in the battery
Explanation: Initially passivating metals undergoes corrosion in order to form oxide layer. These thick, dense oxide layer acts as a strong barrier and protects the inner metal against corrosion. The Zn-carbon batteries works on the principle of galvanic corrosion. It involves conversion of chemical energy into electrical energy by these electrochemical reactions.
2. _______ is a chemical substance which reduces the corrosion rate.
(A) Corrosion inhibitor
(B) Corrosion initiator
(D) Corrosive medium
Explanation: An inhibitor is a substance that, when added in small concentrations to an environment, decreases the corrosion rate.
Following are the types of inhibitors:
ii. Hydrogen-evolution poisons
3. Thermal gradients across the metal wall causes Stress cracking corrosion.
Explanation: Thermal gradients across the metal wall induces higher stresses in the metal. Internal stresses in the corrosive environments is the reason for the stress corrosion cracking.
4. What are the uses of corrosion rate estimation of materials in daily life?
(A) To predict the life time of a component
(B) To compare the corrosive-resistant of materials
(C) To increases the corrosion rate
(D) To predict the life time and to compare the corrosive resistant of materials
Explanation: Corrosion rate expression is used to quantify the corrosion process. This helps us to predict the life time of a component and to compare with different materials. This also helps us to change the process variables in order to decrease the corrosion rate.
5. Which of the following are the types of polarization?
(A) Activation polarization
(B) Activation and Concentration polarization
(C) Resistance polarization
(D) Activation, Concentration and Resistance polarization
Explanation: Polarization is the potential difference occurred due to the non-equilibrium conditions, due to the change in concentration or temperature. These are classified into three types. They are i) Activation polarization ii) Concentration polarization iii)Resistance polarization.
Practice the full set of Corrosion Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Corrosion Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Corrosion Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Corrosion Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Corrosion Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Corrosion Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Corrosion Engineering".
2. Corrosion Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Corrosion Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Corrosion Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Corrosion Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Corrosion Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Corrosion Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Corrosion Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Corrosion Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Corrosion Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Corrosion Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Corrosion Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Corrosion Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Corrosion Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Corrosion Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Corrosion Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Corrosion Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Corrosion Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Corrosion Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Corrosion Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Corrosion Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]