This set of Control Systems Problems focuses on “Parameter Optimization: Servomechanims”.
1. Any externally introduced signal affecting the controlled output is called a
d) Gain control
Explanation: Externally introduced signal is called stimulus that is affecting the controlled output and is a factor also affecting steady state error.
2. A closed loop system is distinguished from open loop system by which of the following?
c) Output pattern
d) Input pattern
Explanation: An open loop system does not has feedback while the closed loop system has feedback.
3. ______________ is a part of the human temperature control system.
a) Digestive system
b) Perspiration system
d) Leg movement
Explanation: Perspiration system is a system that is controlling the body temperature of the human body.
4. By which of the following the control action is determined when a man walks along a path?
Explanation: Control action is the action which is the generated by the system performance and determined by eyes when man walks along the path.
5. _______________ is a closed loop system.
a) Auto-pilot for an aircraft
b) Direct current generator
c) Car starter
d) Electric switch
Explanation: Auto-pilot for an aircraft is an example of the closed loop system as the output is the desired destination without the use of any pilot.
6. Which of the following devices are commonly used as error detectors in instruments?
a) Vern stats
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: All of the mentioned can be used as an error detectors as they can give the difference between the current output and desired output.
7. Which of the following should be done to make an unstable system stable?
a) The gain of the system should be decreased
b) The gain of the system should be increased
c) The number of poles to the loop transfer function should be increased
d) The number of zeros to the loop transfer function should be increased
Explanation: The gain of the system should be increased to make an unstable system stable and for positive feedback of the system the gain is more and for the negative feedback the gain is reduced for which the stable system can become unstable.
8. __________increases the steady state accuracy.
c) Phase lead
d) Phase lag
Explanation: Integrator that is also the low pass filter reduces or eliminates the steady state error but is causes the slow and sluggish response but tries to eliminate the error.
9. A.C. servomotor resembles
a) Two phase induction motor
b) Three phase induction motor
c) Direct current series motor
d) Universal motor
Explanation: AC servomotor is a type of the two phase induction motor.
10. As a result of introduction of negative feedback which of the following will not decrease?
a) Band width
b) Overall gain
Explanation: Overall gain reduces due to negative feedback and due to this reduction in gain the stable system can become unstable but excess increase in the gain causes oscillations to increase.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Control Systems.
To practice all areas of Control Systems Problems, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.