Pre-requisite / Skillset for Control Systems Internship
1. Intern must have the ability to develop various representations of system based on the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering fundamentals.
2. Should have the ability to do time domain and frequency domain analysis of various models of linear system.
3. Must be able to interpret characteristics of the system to develop mathematical model is required.
4. Should have the ability to design appropriate compensator for the given specifications.
5. Ability to come out with solution for complex control problem.
6. Ability to understand use of PID controller in closed loop system.
7. Intern should be capable of demonstrating the concepts of Control systems and its Specifications for mathematical modelling, feedback control and stability analysis in Time and Frequency domains.
8. Should be able to express and solve system equations in state-variable form (state variable models), identify open and closed loop control system to Solve Signal Flow graph and reduction of Block diagram.
9. Intern should know how to apply root-locus and Routh–Hurwitz stability criterion technique to analyse and design control systems.
10. Intern must be capable of determining the time and frequency-domain responses of first and second-order systems to step and sinusoidal (and to some extent, ramp) inputs.
Control Systems Internship Test
Intern has to take Control Systems internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Control Systems topic.
1. An object stationary or moving in a uniform motion w.r.t A will appear to be traveling in a straight path w.r.t B. This apparent path is attributed to Coriolis acceleration.
Explanation: An object stationary or moving in a uniform motion w.r.t A will appear to be traveling in a curved path w.r.t B. This apparent path curvature is attributed to Coriolis acceleration.
2. If the initial conditions for a system are inherently zero, what does it physically mean?
(A) The system is at rest but stores energy
(B) The system is working but does not store energy
(C) The system is at rest or no energy is stored in any of its part
(D) The system is working with zero reference input
Explanation: A system with zero initial condition is said to be at rest since there is no stored energy.
3. Oscillations in output response is due to :
(A) Positive feedback
(B) Negative feedback
(C) No feedback
(D) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Oscillations are the unwanted sinuoidal signals with high gain in positive feedback and s the damping factor is absent in the positive feedback system entirely oscillations are present.
4. The relationship between an input and output variable of a signal flow graph is given by the net gain between the input and output node is known as the overall______________
(A) Overall gain of the system
Explanation: The relationship between input and output variable of a signal flow graph is the overall gain of the system.
5. Feedback can cause a system that is originally stable to become___________
(C) Conditionally stable
(D) Either more stable or unstable
Explanation: Feedback can either make a system stable if not stable previously or may be it can cause instability as it reduces the gain of the system and hence the system can become stable if unstable or vice versa.
Practice the full set of Control Systems Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Control Systems Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Control Systems Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Control Systems Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Control Systems, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Control Systems subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Control Systems".
2. Control Systems articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Control Systems Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Control Systems Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Control Systems Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Control Systems" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Control Systems InternshipIf you are looking for "Control Systems" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Control Systems, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Control Systems InternshipWho can apply for Control Systems content writing internship?
Students who had studied Control Systems in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Control Systems.
What are the skill sets required for Control Systems internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Control Systems internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Control Systems Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Control Systems?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Control Systems?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Control Systems. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Control Systems internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Control Systems at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]