This set of Concrete Technology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Ring Tension Test”.
1. Ring test is the determination for ___________
a) Compressive strength
b) Tensile strength
c) Both Compressive and tensile strength
d) Flexural strength
Explanation: Malhotra reintroduced another technique, the ring test, for determination of Tensile strength.
2. Ring test is not the determination for ______________
a) Breaking Force
b) Tensile strength
c) Ultimate Elongation
d) Compressive strength
Explanation: Ring test is used to analysis for Breaking Force, Tensile strength, Ultimate Elongation.
3. Most small and common ___________ load capacity machines will work for the loads of the materials tested to this specification.
Explanation: Most small and common 1kN (225 pound) load capacity machines will work for the loads of the materials tested to this specification.
4. Begin the test by separating the grips at a speed of _______________
a) 20 mm per minute
b) 20 inches per sec
c) 20 inches per minute
d) 20 cm per minute
Explanation: Begin the test by separating the grips at a speed of 20 inches per minute.
5. At least 30 __________ of crosshead travel or more for high elongation materials.
Explanation: At least 30 inches of crosshead travel or more for high elongation materials.
6. Ring tensile strength is __________
a) Proportional to time
b) Inversely proportional to time
c) Inversely proportional to hydrostatic pressure
d) Inversely proportional to average diameter of ring
Explanation: fr = PD/2t where P = hydrostatic pressure, D= average diameter of ring, t = time.
7. The tensile properties of a low-pressure plasma-deposited nickel-base superalloy from ____________
a) 25 to 100° C
b) 250 to 1010° C
c) 25 to 1010° C
d) 100 to 250° C
Explanation: A ring tensile test using a split disc fixture was developed and used to evaluate the tensile properties of a low-pressure plasma-deposited nickel-base superalloy from 25 to 1010° C.
8. ASTM D1414 (D 1414) covers multiple properties of _____________
a) T ring
b) O ring
c) C ring
d) U ring
Explanation: ASTM D1414 (D 1414) covers multiple properties of O-Rings. Part of the specification includes tension testing for determining the breaking force, tensile strength, and ultimate elongation of an o-ring.
9. The tolerances on the cross-section of the test specimens shall be within ± ___________
Explanation: The tolerances on the cross-section of the test specimens shall be within ± 2%.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Concrete Technology.
To practice all areas of Concrete Technology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.