This set of Concrete Technology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Advantages of Quality Control”.
1. For walls, columns and vertical faces of all structural members, the form work is generally removed after __________
a) 24 to 48 hours
b) 3 days
c) 7 days
d) 14 days
Explanation: For rapid hardening cement, 3/7 of the above period will be sufficient in all cases except vertical sides of slabs, beams and columns which should be retained for 24 hours.
2. The basic requirement for the success of any quality control plan is the availability of experienced, knowledgeable and trained personnel at all levels.
Explanation: It is the very basic requirement for the success of any quality control plan is the availability of experienced, knowledgeable and trained personnel at all levels.
3. Quality control helps to ____________ the risks of overdesign that ___________ the overall cost.
a) Maximize, Increase
b) Minimize, Increase
c) Maximize, Decrease
d) Minimize, Decrease
Explanation: Quality control helps to minimize the risks of overdesign that reduces the overall cost.
4. ___________ cost of maintenance of the structure __________ construction due to quality works.
a) Maximize, after
b) Minimize, after
c) Maximize, before
d) Minimize, before
Explanation: Minimize the cost of repair and maintenance of the structure after construction due to quality works.
5. It __________ job-site concrete handling, and testing procedures to __________ potential liability to the company.
a) Improve, Increase
b) Improve, Decrease
c) Ruin, Decrease
d) Ruin, Increase
Explanation: It improves job-site concrete handling, curing, sampling and testing procedures to reduce potential liability to the company.
6. ___________ quality construction ___________ the wastage of materials.
a) Good, reduce
b) Bad, reduce
c) Good, increase
d) Bad, Decrease
Explanation: Good quality construction reduces the wastage of materials, smooth function of the team and keeps the construction cost within the limit.
7. Quality management system improves perception of customers towards company.
Explanation: Quality management system improves the perception of customers towards company due to credible quality personnel and quality practices.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Concrete Technology.
To practice all areas of Concrete Technology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.