Pre-requisite / Skillset for Computer Networks Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on the concepts such as the basic layers and its functions in computer networks.
2. Evaluating the performance of a network.
3. Must be aware of the basics of how data flows from one node to another.
4. Must be capable of analyzing and designing routing algorithms.
5. Intern must possess the ability to design protocols for various functions in the network.
6. Should have knowledge on the working of various application layer protocols.
7. Should be capable of explaining principles of application layer protocols.
8. Must possess the ability to recognize transport layer services and infer UDP and TCP protocols.
9. Should be able to classify routers, IP and routing algorithms in network layer.
10. Understanding the Wireless and Mobile Networks covering IEEE 802.11 Standard.
11. Should be able to describe Multimedia Networking and Network Management.
Computer Networks Internship Test
Intern has to take Computer Networks internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Computer Networks topic.
1. Three or more devices share a link in ________ connection.
(C) Point to point
Explanation: A multipoint communication is established when three or many network nodes are connected to each other. Frame relay, Ethernet and ATM are some examples of multipoint connections.
2. Which of the following networks extends a private network across public networks?
(A) Local area network
(B) Virtual private network
(C) Enterprise private network
(D) Storage area network
Explanation: A virtual private network extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. VPN provides enhanced security and online anonymity to users on the internet. It is also used to unblock websites which are unavailable in certain regions.
3. Which of the following factors affect transmission rate in DSL?
(A) The gauge of the twisted-pair line
(B) Degree of electrical interfernece
(C) Shadow fading
(D) The gauge of the twisted-pair line and degree of electrical interference
Explanation: Because DSL is made of twisted wire copper pair, the gauge of twisted pair line i.e. the protection and electrical interference would affect the transmission rate in DSL. Unlike DSL, FTTP is not really affected by these factors.
4. In the OSI model, as a data packet moves from the lower to the upper layers, headers are _______
Explanation: In OSI reference model, when data packet moves from lower layers to higher layer, headers get removed. Whereas when the data packet moves from higher layer to lower layers, headers are added. These headers contain the essential control information for the protocols used on the specific layer.
5. Which of the following statements can be associated with OSI model?
(A) A structured way to discuss and easier update system components
(B) One layer may duplicate lower layer functionality
(C) Functionality at one layer no way requires information from another layer
(D) It is an application specific network model
Explanation: One layer may use the information from another layer, for example timestamp value. The information is contained in the header inserted by the previous layer. The headers are added as the packet moves from higher layers to the lower layers.
Practice the full set of Computer Networks Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Computer Networks Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Computer Networks Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Computer Networks Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Computer Networks, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Computer Networks subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Computer Networks".
2. Computer Networks articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Computer Networks Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Computer Networks Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Computer Networks Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Computer Networks" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Computer Networks InternshipIf you are looking for "Computer Networks" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Computer Networks, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Computer Networks InternshipWho can apply for Computer Networks content writing internship?
Students who had studied Computer Networks in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Computer Networks.
What are the skill sets required for Computer Networks internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Computer Networks internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Computer Networks Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Computer Networks?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Computer Networks?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Computer Networks. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Computer Networks internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Computer Networks at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]