Pre-requisite / Skillset for Computational Fluid Dynamics Internship
1. Selected intern must have the ability to understand mathematical characteristics of partial differential equations.
2. Ability to explain how to classify and computationally solve Euler and Navier-Stokes equations.
3. Should know how to use concepts like accuracy, stability, consistency of numerical methods for the governing equations.
4. Should be capable of identifying and implementing numerical techniques for space and time integration of partial differential equations.
5. Intern should have the ability to conduct numerical experiments and carry out data analysis.
6. Require basic skills on programming of numerical methods used to solve the Governing equations.
7. Must be capable of analyzing the accuracy and stability of finite difference methods for model equations.
8. Should know how to formulate and solve Euler’s equation of motion.
9. Must be skilled at representation of functions on computer.
10. Should be capable of solving computational problems related to fluid flows.
11. Ability to classify the basic equations of fluid dynamics.
12. Should be familiar with the basic space and time discretization methods, numerical solution of advection, diffusion and stationary problems, numerical solution of Grid Generation, FDM.
Computational Fluid Dynamics Internship Test
Intern has to take Computational Fluid Dynamics internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Computational Fluid Dynamics topic.
1. CFD provides results of ____________
(A) Continuous time varying results at discrete locations
(B) Discrete points of space and time
(C) Continuous spatial results at discrete time points
(D) Continuous in time and space
Explanation: CFD discretizes the equations and also the domain and solves the discretized equations for only the points in the discretized domain using numerical methods.
2. Aerodynamics engineers obtain the lift and pressure drag by integrating the ___________ distribution over a surface.
Explanation: Lift force can be obtained by the difference in pressure between the top and bottom surfaces of a body. Similarly, the pressure drag of a body can be obtained by finding the pressure difference between the front and back halves of a body. Both of these quantities depend upon the pressure distribution.
3. Which is the input part of a CFD problem?
(B) Flow visualization
Explanation: The pre-processing part of a CFD problem is the first step before starting to process the problem. This is where the inputs are specified.
4. This created a problem in modelling supersonic blunt nose.
(A) Change of flow equations from elliptic to hyperbolic
(B) High speed with high temperature
(C) Supersonic Mach number
(D) High temperatures
Explanation: Straight to the nose of the vehicle, the shock is normal. This results in a subsonic region and elliptic flow equations. But, downstream the shock is oblique which creates a supersonic region resulting in the elliptic equation. This was the problem in modelling supersonic blunt nose. In later years this was overcome by a better model.
5. Which of these transport phenomena do not involve any source term?
(A) Heat conduction
(B) Heat radiation
(C) Turbulence models
(D) Chemical reactions
Explanation: Many of the physical phenomena include the source and sinks. The equations of turbulence models, chemical reactions, radiation heat transfer and multiphase flows contain source terms. Pure heat conduction problem does not include any source term.
Practice the full set of Computational Fluid Dynamics Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Computational Fluid Dynamics Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Computational Fluid Dynamics Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Computational Fluid Dynamics Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Computational Fluid Dynamics, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Computational Fluid Dynamics subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Computational Fluid Dynamics".
2. Computational Fluid Dynamics articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Computational Fluid Dynamics Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Computational Fluid Dynamics Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Computational Fluid Dynamics Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Computational Fluid Dynamics" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Computational Fluid Dynamics InternshipIf you are looking for "Computational Fluid Dynamics" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Computational Fluid Dynamics, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Computational Fluid Dynamics InternshipWho can apply for Computational Fluid Dynamics content writing internship?
Students who had studied Computational Fluid Dynamics in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Computational Fluid Dynamics.
What are the skill sets required for Computational Fluid Dynamics internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Computational Fluid Dynamics internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Computational Fluid Dynamics Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Computational Fluid Dynamics?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Computational Fluid Dynamics?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Computational Fluid Dynamics. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Computational Fluid Dynamics internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Computational Fluid Dynamics at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]