Pre-requisite / Skillset for Composite Materials Internship
1. Intern should be able to understand and describe the basic concept and classification of composite.
2. Require knowledge on polymer matrix composites and its processing methods.
3. Adequate knowledge on metal matrix composites and its processing methods.
4. Require knowledge in ceramics matrix composites and its processing methods.
5. Should be familiar with the use of mathematical techniques to predict the macroscopic properties of different Laminates.
6. Should be familiar with benefits gained when combining different materials into a composite.
7. Understanding the concept of composite materials.
8. Ability to analyze macro and micro mechanical behavior of lamina.
9. Develop governing equations for bending, buckling and vibrations in laminated plates.
10. Analyze and design composite structures used in aerospace, marine, automobile and other applications.
11. Know about composite materials and their processing.
12. Understanding the mechanical testing of composites and analysis of laminated plates.
13. Should be familiar with composite material concept, need and different types of matrix available.
14. Should be aware of various fibers their properties and their selection.
15. Should know how composites are classified based on matrix and fibers.
16. Must be familiar with the processing and manufacturing techniques of composite material.
Composite Materials Internship Test
Intern has to take Composite Materials internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Composite Materials topic.
1. The melting point of aluminum oxide (Al2O3) fiber is ____
(A) 2045 °C
(B) 1045 °C
(C) 1145 °C
(D) 2245 °C
Explanation: Melting point of a material is a point at which it converts from solid state to liquid state. Aluminum oxide (Al2O3) fiber is an example of ceramic fiber which has a melting point 2045 °C and also good strength retention property up to about 1370 °C.
2. Soft property to the composite is given by ________ constituent.
(C) Matrix and reinforcement
Explanation: Composites are made up of matrix and reinforcement agent. Matrix acts as a supporting structure which supports the reinforcement agents and transverse the external load onto the reinforcement agents successively. Fillers are solid materials which are introduced on the matrix material for improving a specific property and they also reduce cost and increase physical properties.
3. Which of the following is not a polymer matrix?
Explanation: Aluminum is a metal which is well known for its low weight applications with specific weight of 2.7 g/cm3 and its tensile strength ranges from 90-690 MPa. Epoxy, Urethane and Polyester are some of the polymer matrix.
4. Epoxide groups are made up of _____ atom and ______ atoms.
(A) 2 oxygen, 3 carbon
(B) 2 oxygen, 2 carbon
(C) 1 oxygen, 1 carbon
(D) 1 oxygen, 2 carbon
Explanation: Starting materials for epoxy matrix are low-molecular weight organic liquid resins containing a number of epoxide groups, which are three-member rings of one oxygen atom and two carbon atoms.
5. The Thermoplastic materials are, in general, ductile and tougher than thermoset materials.
Explanation: Thermoplastics have many good properties. They are lightweight, recyclable, have high strength, relatively low processing costs and it is easy to manufacture them with good accuracy and precision.
Practice the full set of Composite Materials Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Composite Materials Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Composite Materials Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Composite Materials Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Composite Materials, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Composite Materials subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Composite Materials".
2. Composite Materials articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Composite Materials Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Composite Materials Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Composite Materials Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Composite Materials" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Composite Materials InternshipIf you are looking for "Composite Materials" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Composite Materials, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Composite Materials InternshipWho can apply for Composite Materials content writing internship?
Students who had studied Composite Materials in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Composite Materials.
What are the skill sets required for Composite Materials internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Composite Materials internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Composite Materials Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Composite Materials?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Composite Materials?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Composite Materials. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Composite Materials internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Composite Materials at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]