Pre-requisite / Skillset for Compilers Internship
1. Intern should have knowledge on the concept of lexical analysis and construction of deterministic and non-deterministic automata.
2. Should be familiar with the concept of parsing and construction of parser.
3. Must be familiar with programming language design, target machine design and run time environment of compilers.
4. Intern must have knowledge on the compiler construction tools.
5. Require knowledge on how to construct a prototype compiler for a subset of a programming language.
6. Must have knowledge on automata theory and regular expressions.
7. The concepts in the design of compilers should be known.
8. Must be aware of the runtime store organization.
9. Should know the data structures used to implement symbol tables.
10. Must be familiar with garbage collection.
11. Should be capable of explaining system software.
12. Capable of designing and developing lexical analyzers, parsers and code generators.
13. Must know how to utilize lex and yacc tools for implementing different concepts of system software.
14. Should be capable of defining System Software.
15. Must be familiar with source file, object file and executable file structures and libraries.
16. Should have the ability to describe the front-end and back-end phases of compiler and their importance.
Compilers Internship Test
Intern has to take Compilers internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Compilers topic.
1. Which one of the following statement is FALSE?
(A) Context-free languages are closed under union
(B) Context-free languages are closed under concatenation
(C) Context-free languages are closed under intersection
(D) Context-free languages are closed under Kleene closure
Explanation: CFL is closed under Kleene closure, concatenation, and Union
2. Regular expression x/y denotes which of the following set?
Explanation: Because either x or y can be selected.
3. __________ was developed from the beginning as a cross compiler.
(A) Free Pascal
(D) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Free Pascal was developed from the beginning as a cross compiler. The compiler executable (ppcXXX where XXX is target architecture) is capable of producing executables for all OS of the same architecture.
4. Which of the following is integral data type?
Expanation: In c char is integral data type. It stores the ASCII value.
5. Which of the following are Lexemes?
(D) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Different Lexical Classes or Tokens or Lexemes Identifiers, Constants, Keywords, Operators.
Practice the full set of Compilers Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Compilers Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Compilers Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Compilers Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Compilers, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Compilers subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Compilers".
2. Compilers articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Compilers Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Compilers Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Compilers Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Compilers" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Compilers InternshipIf you are looking for "Compilers" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Compilers, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Compilers InternshipWho can apply for Compilers content writing internship?
Students who had studied Compilers in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Compilers.
What are the skill sets required for Compilers internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Compilers internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Compilers Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Compilers?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Compilers?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Compilers. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Compilers internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Compilers at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]