Pre-requisite / Skillset for Cognitive Radio Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge on the design principles on software defined radio and cognitive radio.
2. The ability to design and implement algorithms for cognitive radio spectrum sensing and dynamic spectrum access is needed.
3. Must be capable of building experiments and projects with real time wireless applications.
4. Should have the ability to apply the knowledge of advanced features of cognitive radio for real world applications.
5. Must be aware of the evolving software defined radio and cognitive radio techniques and their essential functionalities.
6. Require knowledge on the basic architecture and standard for cognitive radio.
7. Should be familiar with the physical, MAC and network layer design of cognitive radio.
8. Must have knowledge on the evolving applications and advanced features of cognitive radio.
Cognitive Radio Internship Test
Intern has to take Cognitive Radio internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Cognitive Radio topic.
1. Timeliness is the period between production of information and its availability to the subscriber.
Explanation: Timeliness is one of key parameters of military applications. Timeliness is the period between production of information and its availability to the subscriber. Process and queuing delays increase the duration of this period.
2. When was SDR forum found?
Explanation: The SDR forum was found in 1996 by Wayne Bonser of Air Force Rome Lab to develop industry standards for SDR hardware and software.
3. What are the units of the primary network?
(A) Primary node and primary base-station
(B) Primary user and primary base-station
(C) Primary user and secondary user
(D) Primary user and primary node
Explanation: Primary users are licensed users of the spectrum. Primary base-station refers to the fixed infrastructure network component with a spectrum license. The primary base-station contains legacy protocols and xG protocols for supporting communication through xG networks.
4. Which among the following is true about xG users in an unlicensed spectrum band?
(A) xG user has equal rights to access the spectrum
(B) xG user vacate the spectrum band upon arrival of the primary user
(C) xG user vacate the spectrum band upon arrival of another xG user
(D) xG users compete for the position of primary user
Explanation: In the unlicensed spectrum band, each user has the same right to access the spectrum bands. The xG users present in one particular area may use the same portion of the spectrum band for communication.
5. Which among the following techniques requires prior knowledge of the primary signal?
(A) Matched filter detection
(B) Energy detection
(C) Cooperation detection
(D) Cyclostationary detection
Explanation: The matched filter detection method requires prior knowledge of the signal to be transmitted by the primary user such as the pulse shape, the packet format, and the order and modulation type. If the information is available, then the matched filter is the most compatible detection method. Matched filter can maximize the signal to noise ratio.
Practice the full set of Cognitive Radio Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Cognitive Radio Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Cognitive Radio Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Cognitive Radio Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Cognitive Radio, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Cognitive Radio subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Cognitive Radio".
2. Cognitive Radio articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Cognitive Radio Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Cognitive Radio Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Cognitive Radio Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Cognitive Radio" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Cognitive Radio InternshipIf you are looking for "Cognitive Radio" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Cognitive Radio, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Cognitive Radio InternshipWho can apply for Cognitive Radio content writing internship?
Students who had studied Cognitive Radio in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Cognitive Radio.
What are the skill sets required for Cognitive Radio internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Cognitive Radio internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Cognitive Radio Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Cognitive Radio?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Cognitive Radio?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Cognitive Radio. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Cognitive Radio internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Cognitive Radio at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]