This set of Civil Engineering Drawing Question Bank focuses on “Reports on Estimate for the Construction of Building and Culvert”.
1. A ___________ can be used to span over a canyon, or depression, or even over a freeway or roadway.
Explanation: A bridge doesn’t necessarily have to bridge over water. A bridge can be used to span over a canyon, or depression, or even over a freeway or roadway.
2. If the span of crossing is greater than 12 feet (3.7 m), the structure is termed as bridge and otherwise is ______________
Explanation: A bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles without closing the way underneath such as a body of water, valley, or road, for the purpose of providing passage over the obstacle. There are many different designs that each serve a particular purpose and apply to different situations.
3. A ___________________ is a construction industry professional with expert knowledge on construction costs and contracts. They are not to be confused with Land Surveyors or Land Survey Engineers.
a) Project manager
b) Building services engineer
c) Quantity Surveyor
d) Civil estimators
Explanation: Services provided by a quantity surveyor may include:
• Cost consulting, cost estimating
• Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion
• Value determination
• Risk management and calculation
• Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures
• Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum
• Commercial management and contract administration
• Assistance in dispute resolution
• Asset capitalisation
• Interim valuations and payment assessment
• Cost management process
• Assessing the additional costs of design variations.
4. Skilled occupations include carpenters, electricians, plumbers, ironworkers, masons, and many other manual crafts, as well as those involved in project management.
Explanation: There are many routes to the different careers within the construction industry. These three main tiers are based on educational background and training, which vary by country:
• Unskilled and semi-skilled – General site labor with little or no construction qualifications.
• Skilled – Tradesmen who’ve served apprenticeships, typically in labor unions, and on-site managers who possess extensive knowledge and experience in their craft or profession.
• Technical and management – Personnel with the greatest educational qualifications, usually graduate degrees, trained to design, manage and instruct the construction process.
5. Construction is the process of constructing a building or infrastructure.
Explanation: Construction differs from manufacturing in that manufacturing typically involves mass production of similar items without a designated purchaser, while construction typically takes place on location for a known client. Construction as an industry comprises six to nine percent of the gross domestic product of developed countries. Construction starts with planning, design, and financing; and continues until the project is built and ready for use.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Civil Engineering Drawing.
To practice Civil Engineering Drawing Question Bank, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Participate in Civil Engineering Drawing Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Take Civil Engineering Drawing Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Apply for Civil Engineering Drawing Internship
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Buy Civil Engineering Drawing Books
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship