This set of Civil Engineering Drawing Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Industrial Planning”.
1. Which is not a human factor of industrial location?
Explanation: Human Factors: Capital, labour, policies, market, technology, transportation, communication, etc.
2. Industrial estates may be located outside the towns.
Explanation: To prevent the haphazard growth of an industry, industrial estates should be well planned. Industrial states should be so located that they do not encourage concentration of population in large urban centres.
3. The site for an industrial estate should be close to perennial water supply.
Explanation: The site for an industrial estate should be close to perennial water supply for the proper supply of water in the industry, should be within reasonable distance from the source of electric power, should be close to the railway station and should permit easy drainage.
4. The minimum size of work shed may be of 20 sq. m and the maximum size of 250 sq. m.
Explanation: The minimum size of work shed may be of 60 sq m and the maximum size of 600 sq m. Considering the functional requirements of industries, number of different size of sheds should be limited, sheds of 10 m and 13 m span may be adopted in most cases.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Civil Engineering Drawing.
To practice all areas of Civil Engineering Drawing, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Participate in Civil Engineering Drawing Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Take Civil Engineering Drawing Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10