This set of Civil Engineering Drawing Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Residential Accommodation for Various Classes of Employees”.
1. For type 3rd what will be the pay range?
a) 251/- to 400/-
b) 500/- to 700/-
c) 350/- to 780/-
d) 290/- to 600/-
Explanation: Accommodation is two rooms, kitchen, store, verandah, bath and W.C.
Floor area = 48.5 sq. m
Plinth area = 58 sq. m S.S; 65 sq. m D.S.
2. What should be the minimum size of bath?
a) 1.5 m * 1.25 m
b) 4.5 m * 2.5 m
c) 115 m * 125 m
d) 0.5 m * 2.5 m
Explanation: Minimum size of W.C. – 1.5 m * 1.1 m and minimum size of combined bath and W.C.- 37 sq. m.
3. You are asked to construct a massive dam, the type of cement you will use, is?
a) Ordinary Portland cement
b) Blast furnace slag cement
c) White cement
d) Low heat cement
Explanation: Dam construction will involve mass concreting where heat of hydration is the major concern which if not monitored will cause crack in the bulk of the dam which is undesirable, hence low heat cement is preferable in this type of concreting.
4. The expected out turn of cement concrete 1 : 2 : 4 per mason per day is ________
a) 6.5 m3
b) 1.5 m3
c) 2.5 m3
d) 5.0 m3
Explanation: 1 : 2 : 4 concrete, 1m3 need Labour constant.
Mixing concrete – 3.00 hour/m3.
Lifting and carrying concrete – 1.20 hour/m3.
compacting concrete – 0.80 hour/m3.
leveling surface of concrete – 0.10 hour/m3.
Total = (3+1.2+0.8+0.1) = 5.
5. Residential building for officials are used to be planned on the basis of the income which is 10% of their salary.
Explanation: Due to tremendous increase in the cost of construction it is not possible to plan the building on the basis of income from rent as it will be a too small building.
6. For pay range below Rs.110/- accommodation will be a room and cooking verandah room, bath and W.C.
Explanation: Floor area = 22.5 sq. m
Plinth area = 30 sq. m S.S; 34.5 sq. m D.S.
7. For low income group houses, sufficient shelving arrangement with storage space shall be provided in the kitchen.
Explanation: A cup board with fly proof wire netting will be a very useful amenity in the kitchen. In the living room a cup board in one of the internal partition walls with shutters opening in the moving space should be provided.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Civil Engineering Drawing.
To practice all areas of Civil Engineering Drawing for Aptitude test, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Participate in Civil Engineering Drawing Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Take Civil Engineering Drawing Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Buy Civil Engineering Drawing Books
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Apply for Civil Engineering Drawing Internship
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship