This set of Civil Engineering Drawing Questions and Answers for Aptitude test focuses on “Residential Accommodation for Various Classes of Employees”.
1. For type 3rd what will be the pay range?
a) 251/- to 400/-
b) 500/- to 700/-
c) 350/- to 780/-
d) 290/- to 600/-
Explanation: Accommodation is two rooms, kitchen, store, verandah, bath and W.C.
Floor area= 48.5 sq. m
Plinth area= 58 sq. m S.S; 65 sq. m D.S.
2.What should be the minimum size of bath?
a) 1.5 m * 1.25 m
b) 4.5 m * 2.5 m
c) 115 m * 125 m
d) 0.5 m * 2.5 m
Explanation: Minimum size of W.C. – 1.5 m * 1.1 m and minimum size of combined bath and W.C.- 37 sq. m.
3. You are asked to construct a massive dam, the type of cement you will use, is?
a) Ordinary Portland cement
b) Blast furnace slag cement
c) White cement
d) Low heat cement
Explanation: Dam construction will involve mass concreting where heat of hydration is the major concern which if not monitored will cause crack in the bulk of the dam which is undesirable, hence low heat cement is preferable in this type of concreting.
4. The expected out turn of cement concrete 1 : 2 : 4 per mason per day is ________
a) 6.5 m3
b) 1.5 m3
c) 2.5 m3
d) 5.0 m3
Explanation: 1 : 2 : 4 concrete, 1m3 need Labour constant.
Mixing concrete 3.00 hour/m3.
Lifting and carrying concrete 1.20 hour/m3.
c.compacting concrete 0.80 hour/m3.
d.leveling surface of concrete 0.10 hour/m3.
Total (3+1.2+0.8+0.1) = 5.
5. Calculate the number of standard modular bricks required for flat brick soiling for one kilometre length of 4.00 m wide road.
a) 2.4 Lakhs of bricks
b) 2.2 Lakhs of bricks
c) 6.3 Lakhs of bricks
d) 7.7 Lakhs of bricks
Explanation: No. of bricks for flat soling =1000*4.00 *55= 220,000 nos.= 2.2 Lakhs of [email protected] nos. per sq m. For Traditional bricks 22.9*11.4*7.6(9”*4 1/2”*3”)
6. Obsolescence is the annual periodic payments for repayments of the capital amount invested by a party.
Explanation: An annuity is a series of payments made at equal intervals. Examples of annuities are regular deposits to a savings account, monthly home mortgage payments, monthly insurance payments and pension payments. Annuities can be classified by the frequency of payment dates. The payments (deposits) may be made weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or at any other regular interval of time.
An annuity which provides for payments for the remainder of a person’s lifetime is a life annuity.
7. Scrap value is the net annual letting value of a property, which is obtained after deducting the amount of yearly repairs from the gross income.
Explanation: In financial accounting, scrap value is associated with the depreciation of assets used in a business. In this situation, scrap value is defined as the expected or estimated value of the asset at the end of its useful life. Scrap value is also referred to as an asset’s salvage value or residual value.
8. Residential building for officials are used to be planned on the basis of the income which is 10% of their salary.
Explanation: Due to tremendous increase in the cost of construction it is not possible to plan the building on the basis of income from rent as it will be a too small building.
9. For pay range below Rs.110/- accommodation will be a room and cooking verandah room, bath and W.C.
Explanation: Floor area = 22.5 sq. m
Plinth area= 30 sq. m S.S; 34.5 sq. m D.S.
10. For low income group houses, sufficient shelving arrangement with storage space shall be provided in the kitchen.
Explanation: A cup board with fly proof wire netting will be a very useful amenity in the kitchen. In the living room a cup board in one of the internal partition walls with shutters opening in the moving space should be provided.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Civil Engineering Drawing.
To practice all areas of Civil Engineering Drawing for Aptitude test, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.