This set of Civil Engineering Drawing Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Accounts”.
1. In P.W.D who is the primary disbursing officer who is supplied with cheque books on district treasuries of India.
b) Divisional officer
c) Chief Minister
d) Manager of bank
Explanation: He makes payments to contractors against proper bills by issuing cheques. He also obtains money by presentation of cheque and keep in his cash chest for making petty cash payments as and when required.
2. Which is not a transaction type of Public work office grouped under?
a) Expenditure heads
b) Revenue heads
c) Remittance heads
d) Credit heads
Explanation: The transaction under each of these groups of heads are further sub-divided for the purpose of accounts. In the case of expenditure and revenue heads, the main unit of classification is known as the major head.
3. The latrine seat with flushing cistern, flushing pipes are, etc., are usually taken as ______ set for estimation.
Explanation: A latrine is a toilet or an even simpler facility that is used as a toilet within a sanitation system. For example, it can be a communal trench in the earth in a camp to be used as emergency sanitation, a hole in the ground (pit latrine), or more advanced designs, including pour-flush systems.
The term “latrine” is still commonly used in emergency sanitation situations, as well as in army camps. Nowadays, the word “toilet” is more commonly used than “latrine”, except for simple systems like “pit latrine” or “trench latrine”.
The use of latrines was a major advance in sanitation over more basic practices such as open defecation and helped control the spread of many waterborne diseases.
4. According to ISI method of measurement, the order of the sequence is ___________
a) length, breadth, height
b) breadth, height, Length
c) height, Length, breadth
d) width, Length, breadth
Explanation: The first dimension is length (L). Length is always the longest side of the box that has a flap. The second dimension is width (W). Width is the second longest side with a flap. The third dimension is height (H). Height is the only dimension without a flap.
5. The area of a sloping surface of a protective embankment of mean height d, side slopes S: 1 and length L is _________
a) d x d x s
b) (d2 x (ds)2)1/2
c) L.D (1 + s2)1/2
d) 2 L.D (1 + s2)1/2
Explanation: An embankment dam is a large artificial dam. It is typically created by the placement and compaction of a complex semi-plastic mound of various compositions of soil, sand, clay, or rock. It has a semi-pervious waterproof natural covering for its surface and a dense, impervious core. This makes such a dam impervious to surface or seepage erosion. Such a dam is composed of fragmented independent material particles. The friction and interaction of particles binds the particles together into a stable mass rather than by the use of a cementing substance.
6. For 100 sq. m cement concrete (1 : 2: 4) 4 cm thick floor, the quantity of cement required, is ________
a) 0.90 m3
b) 0.94 m3
c) 0.98 m3
d) 0.98 m3
Explanation: Volume – area * thickness.
So, 100*.04 = 4 cubic metre, 10% for uneven surface.
4 * 10% = .04 = 4.4cubic metre.
50% for dry mortar, 4.4 * 50% = 2.2.
= 6.6cubic meter.
Cement = 6.6/(1 + 2 + 4) = .94 cubic meter.
7. The measurement is made for stone work in square metre in case of __________
a) wall facing
b) columns, lintels, copings
d) building work
Explanation: Stone blocks used in masonry can be dressed or rough, though in both examples: corners, door and window jambs, and similar areas are usually dressed. Stone masonry utilizing dressed stones is known as ashlar masonry, whereas masonry using irregularly shaped stones is known as rubble masonry. Both rubble and ashlar masonry can be laid in coursed rows of even height through the careful selection or cutting of stones, but a great deal of stone masonry is uncoursed.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Civil Engineering Drawing.
To practice all areas of Civil Engineering Drawing, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Participate in Civil Engineering Drawing Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Civil Engineering Drawing
- Take Civil Engineering Drawing Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10