Pre-requisite / Skillset for Chemical Process Calculation Internship
1. Intern must be familiar with basic laws about the behavior of gases, liquids and solids and some basic mathematical tools.
2. Intern must possess systematic problem solving skills.
3. Should have adequate knowledge on material balances, formulating, applying them and how to solve them.
4. Must be familiar with energy balances, how to apply them and how to deal with the complexity of big problems.
5. Should be able to comprehend the basic theories in stoichiometry and perform unit conversions and calculations.
6. Should have knowledge on material balance of steady state processes like distillation, absorption, extraction and crystallization.
7. Ability to solve material balance problems like drying, mixing, evaporation, bypass, recycle and humidification.
8. Should have knowledge on concepts like material balance problems with chemical reactions, combustions and air fuel calculations.
9. Must be familiar with the concepts of thermophysics and thermochemistry and steady state enthalpy balance problems.
10. Should be able to develop mathematical solutions for mass and energy balance for any processes.
11. Must have adequate knowledge on chemical engineering calculations, establish mathematical methodologies for the computation of material balances, energy balances.
12. Concept of degree of freedom and its application to solution of mass and energy balance equations for single and network of units and introduce to process simulators should be known.
Chemical Process Calculation Internship Test
Intern has to take Chemical Process Calculation internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Chemical Process Calculation topic.
1. When quantities with units are added or subtracted, they need to be expressed in the ______ unit.
Explanation: When quantities with units are added or subtracted, they need to be expressed in the same unit.
2. What is the unit of A?
Explanation: The unit of A is same as the unit of pressure.
3. Which of the following gases is adsorbed by charcoal?
Explanation: NH3 is easily liquefiable and highly water soluble gas.
4. 2 Kg of steam that contains an internal energy of 20 J/Kg, if 50 J of heat is supplied to the system, what is the resultant internal energy of the system?
(A) 45 J/Kg
(B) 40 J/Kg
(C) 35 J/Kg
(D) 20 J/Kg
Explanation: 50 = 2(U – 20).
5. Number of equations associated with 6 process stream, if the number of species in the stream are 4?
Explanation: Number of equations = 4(2 + 2) = 12.
Practice the full set of Chemical Process Calculation Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Chemical Process Calculation Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Chemical Process Calculation Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Chemical Process Calculation Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Chemical Process Calculation, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Chemical Process Calculation subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Chemical Process Calculation".
2. Chemical Process Calculation articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Chemical Process Calculation Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Chemical Process Calculation Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Chemical Process Calculation Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Chemical Process Calculation" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Chemical Process Calculation InternshipIf you are looking for "Chemical Process Calculation" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Chemical Process Calculation, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Chemical Process Calculation InternshipWho can apply for Chemical Process Calculation content writing internship?
Students who had studied Chemical Process Calculation in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Chemical Process Calculation.
What are the skill sets required for Chemical Process Calculation internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Chemical Process Calculation internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Chemical Process Calculation Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Chemical Process Calculation?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Chemical Process Calculation?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Chemical Process Calculation. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Chemical Process Calculation internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Chemical Process Calculation at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]