Pre-requisite / Skillset for Casting, Forming and Welding II Internship
1. Intern must have adequate knowledge of quality test methods conducted on welded and cast components.
2. Should have knowledge of various casting process in manufacturing.
3. In-depth knowledge on metallurgical aspects during solidification of metal and alloys is required.
4. Must be familiar with moulding processes.
5. Knowledge of various joining process used in manufacturing.
6. Must be familiar with topics like behaviour of materials during welding and the effect of process parameters in welding.
7. Different types of casting process should be known.
8. Must be capable of selecting suitable manufacturing process for typical components.
9. Various welding process should be known.
10. Adequate knowledge on concepts like forging, rolling process and drawing.
Casting, Forming and Welding II Internship Test
Intern has to take Casting, Forming and Welding II internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Casting, Forming and Welding II topic.
1. Speed of production in transfer molding is higher than that of compression molding?
Explanation: It is counted among one of the advantages of transfer molding over compression molding that the speed of production is quite higher. Not just that, but the maintenance in transfer molding too is lower than compression molding.
2. Which of the following types of molecular structure present in thermosetting polymers?
(A) Linear polymers
(B) Branched polymers
(C) Cross-linked polymers
(D) Network polymers
Explanation: Cross-linked polymers are described by adjacent linear chains that are brought one to another at several locations by covalent bonds. Cross linking is completed by a non-reversible chemical reaction. Often, cross-linking is finished by additive atoms which are covalently bonded to the chains in the thermosetting polymers.
3. The heater in the vacuum forming process is heated up to 90°C.
Explanation: In vacuum forming process, there is a clamp that has to be used for holding the plastic sheets. There is a heater employed for heating the mold cavity. The heater brings the polymer in a temperature range of 55°C to 90°C.
4. Which of the following moulding processes is widely used for the manufacturing of plastic bottles?
(A) Compression moulding
(B) Injection moulding
(C) Jet moulding
(D) Blow moulding
Explanation: In blow moulding process, a heated tube of plastic material is situated between the two halves of mould, then the mould is closed and air or inert gas is usually blown at a pressure of 200 – 400 bars, which helps in expanding of tube outward to occupy the mould cavity. After that the part cools down to get hardened and then the part is ejected from the mould.
5. Extruder die is a machine part that gives final shape to the polymer material used in the extrusion process.
Explanation: Extruder die is a machine part that gives final shape to the polymer material in the extrusion process. It produces a channel through which liquid polymer exit the extruder by applying pressure that increases in the barrel during the process. The liquid polymer comes out from the die with a constant speed, that’s why the design of die is very important for specification and accuracy.
Practice the full set of Casting, Forming and Welding II Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Casting, Forming and Welding II Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Casting, Forming and Welding II Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Casting, Forming and Welding II Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Casting, Forming and Welding II, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Casting, Forming and Welding II subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Casting, Forming and Welding II".
2. Casting, Forming and Welding II articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Casting, Forming and Welding II Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Casting, Forming and Welding II Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Casting, Forming and Welding II Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Casting, Forming and Welding II" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Casting, Forming and Welding II InternshipIf you are looking for "Casting, Forming and Welding II" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Casting, Forming and Welding II, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Casting, Forming and Welding II InternshipWho can apply for Casting, Forming and Welding II content writing internship?
Students who had studied Casting, Forming and Welding II in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Casting, Forming and Welding II.
What are the skill sets required for Casting, Forming and Welding II internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Casting, Forming and Welding II internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Casting, Forming and Welding II Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Casting, Forming and Welding II?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Casting, Forming and Welding II?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Casting, Forming and Welding II. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Casting, Forming and Welding II internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Casting, Forming and Welding II at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]