Pre-requisite / Skillset for Casting, Forming and Welding I Internship
1. Intern must be capable of describing the casting process and prepare different types of cast products.
2. Require knowledge on Pattern, Core, Gating, Riser system and to use Jolt, Squeeze, Sand Slinger Moulding machines.
3. Must be aware of concepts like the Gas fired pit, Resistance, Coreless, Electrical and Cupola Metal Furnaces.
4. Require good knowledge on the Gravity, Pressure die, Centrifugal, Squeeze, Slush and Continuous Metal mold castings.
5. Understanding the Solidification process and Casting of Non-Ferrous Metals.
6. Should be able to describe the Metal Arc, TIG, MIG, Submerged and Atomic Hydrogen Welding processes etc. used in manufacturing.
7. Must be familiar with methods for the quality assurance of components made of casting and joining process.
8. Must be aware of melting procedure of various materials.
9. Intern should be familiar with design principles of welding and casting.
10. Principles of advanced welding and casting processes should be known.
11. Intern should have knowledge of Automation of welding and casting plant.
12. Ability to design welding and casting component is required.
13. Must possess the ability to perform quality control and inspection.
Casting, Forming and Welding I Internship Test
Intern has to take Casting, Forming and Welding I internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Casting, Forming and Welding I topic.
1. A draft allowance is provided to ___________
(A) All linear faces
(B) Only the interior dimensions
(C) Only the exterior dimensions
(D) Only the dimensions that are perpendicular to the parting plane
Explanation: The draft allowance is used for those dimensions which are perpendicular to the parting plane, to give out a tapered face which is machined later.
2. Which of the following sequence is in the correct order to prepare a cast using the sand casting method?
 Mould making  Clamping  Pouring  Cooling  Trimming  Removal
Explanation: For a proper casting to be carried out, the correct order in which processes are to be executed out starts with mould making then clamping it then pouring the metal then cooling then removing it and at last trimming it or providing machining.
3. Which of the following is not a limitation of metal patterns?
(A) Get rusted
(B) Obtain rough surface finish
Explanation: In metal patterns, it is extremely easy to obtain a smooth surface finish. To achieve a smooth surface finish, it is counted as an advantage in metal patterns over wooden patterns.
4. Which of the following factor is not considered while selecting a kind of pattern?
(A) Quantity of casting
(B) Types of moulding method
(C) Shape of the casting
(D) Nature of moulding process
Explanation: Nature of moulding process is a factor used selecting pattern materials, whereas the quantity of casting, types of moulding method and shape of the casting are used for selecting a type of pattern.
5. Which of the following is not a drilling or boring tool?
(B) Counter sink bit
(C) Auger bit
(D) Hand vice
Explanation: Hand vice is one of the tools used for clamping processes. While, brace, counter sink bit and ager bit are counted among drilling tools or boring tools.
Practice the full set of Casting, Forming and Welding I Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Casting, Forming and Welding I Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Casting, Forming and Welding I Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Casting, Forming and Welding I Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Casting, Forming and Welding I, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Casting, Forming and Welding I subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Casting, Forming and Welding I".
2. Casting, Forming and Welding I articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Casting, Forming and Welding I Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Casting, Forming and Welding I Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Casting, Forming and Welding I Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Casting, Forming and Welding I" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Casting, Forming and Welding I InternshipIf you are looking for "Casting, Forming and Welding I" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Casting, Forming and Welding I, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Casting, Forming and Welding I InternshipWho can apply for Casting, Forming and Welding I content writing internship?
Students who had studied Casting, Forming and Welding I in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Casting, Forming and Welding I.
What are the skill sets required for Casting, Forming and Welding I internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Casting, Forming and Welding I internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Casting, Forming and Welding I Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Casting, Forming and Welding I?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Casting, Forming and Welding I?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Casting, Forming and Welding I. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Casting, Forming and Welding I internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Casting, Forming and Welding I at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]