This set of C Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Localization”.
Pre-requisite for this C MCQ set: Advanced C Programming Video Tutorial.
1. Which header file is used to define data formats and currency symbols?
Explanation: locale. h is the header file which defines the location specific settings, such as data formats and currency location.
2. Which among the given macros is defined in the header file locale.h?
b) FLT_RADIX 2
Explanation: LC_CTYPE is the macro defined under header file locale.h. This macro affects all character functions.
3. Which macro sets everything defined under locale. h?
Explanation: LC_ALL is the macro which sets everything. It is defined under header file locale.h.
4. Select the function that reads or sets location dependent information.
Explanation: setlocale() function reads or sets location dependent information.
The function declaration is as follows:
char *setlocale(int category, const char loc).
5. Select the correct statement.
a) LC_MONETARY affects the monetary information
b) LC_MONETARY does not affect the monetary information
c) LC_ALL does not set everything
d) LC_CTYPE affects only one character functions
Explanation: LC_MONETARY is the macro defined under header file locale.h which affects the monetary information provided by localeconv function.
6. Which macro is used in the setlocale() function?
b) FLT_RADIX 2
Explanation: LC_MESSAGES in the function char *setlocale(char category, const char loc) is used for system responses.
7. LC_COLLATE affects strcoll() and strxfrm() functions.
Explanation: LC_COLLATE is the macro defined under header file locale.h. It affects strcoll() and strxfrm() functions.
8. Which macro affects the strftime() function?
Explanation: LC_TIME is the macro defined under locale. h which affects the strftime() function.
9. Select the macro that affects the information provided by localeconv function.
Explanation: LC_NUMERIC is the macro defined under the header file locale.h which affects decimal point formatting and informations provided by localeconv function.
10. What is returned by the function localeconv()?
a) current location value
b) past location value
c) pointer to the last location
d) pointer to the current location
Explanation: The function returns pointer to the struct Iconv for the current location. The function os declared as follows:
struct lconv *localeconv(void).
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – C Programming Language.
To practice all areas of C language, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in C Programming
- Participate in C Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in C Programming
- Take C Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Apply for C Internship
- Practice BCA MCQs
- Buy C Books
- Practice Computer Science MCQs