This set of C Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “C-Preprocessor – 2”.
Pre-requisite for this C MCQ set: Advanced C Programming Video Tutorial.
1. Which of the following are C preprocessors?
d) all of the mentioned
2. #include statement must be written __________
a) Before main()
b) Before any scanf/printf
c) After main()
d) It can be written anywhere
Explanation: Even though using include directives before main() improves readability, it is not mandatory to write it before main() function. Only requirement is that we should include the header files before calling the library function.
3. #pragma exit is primarily used for?
a) Checking memory leaks after exiting the program
b) Informing Operating System that program has terminated
c) Running a function at exiting the program
d) No such preprocessor exist
Explanation: It is primarily used for running a function upon exiting the program.
4. What will be the output of the following C code?
int one = 1, two = 2;
one = 2;
two = 1;
printf("%d, %d", one, two);
a) 1, 1
b) 1, 2
c) 2, 1
d) 2, 2
5. The C-preprocessors are specified with _________symbol.
c) ” ”
Explanation: The C-preprocessors are specified with # symbol.
6. What is #include directive?
a) Tells the preprocessor to grab the text of a file and place it directly into the current file
b) Statements are not typically placed at the top of a program
c) All of the mentioned
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: The #include directive tells the preprocessor to grab the text of a file and place it directly into the current file and are statements are typically placed at the top of a program.
7. The preprocessor provides the ability for _______________
a) The inclusion of header files
b) The inclusion of macro expansions
c) Conditional compilation and line control
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: The preprocessor provides the ability for the inclusion of header files, macro expansions, conditional compilation, and line control.
8. If #include is used with file name in angular brackets.
a) The file is searched for in the standard compiler include paths
b) The search path is expanded to include the current source directory
c) The search path will expand
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: With the #include, if the filename is enclosed within angle brackets, the file is searched for in the standard compiler include paths.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – C Programming Language.
To practice all areas of C language, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in C Programming
- Participate in C Programming Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in C Programming
- Take C Programming Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy C Books
- Practice BCA MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Watch Advanced C Programming Videos