This set of C Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Type Conversions – 2”.
Pre-requisite for this C MCQ set: Advanced C Programming Video Tutorial.
1. function tolower(c) defined in library <ctype.h> works for ___________
a) Ascii character set
b) Unicode character set
c) Ascii and utf-8 but not EBCDIC character set
d) Any character set
2. What will be the output of the following C code considering the size of a short int is 2, char is 1 and int is 4 bytes?
short int i = 20;
char c = 97;
printf("%d, %d, %d\n", sizeof(i), sizeof(c), sizeof(c + i));
a) 2, 1, 2
b) 2, 1, 1
c) 2, 1, 4
d) 2, 2, 8
3. Which type of conversion is NOT accepted?
a) From char to int
b) From float to char pointer
c) From negative int to char
d) From double to char
Explanation: Conversion of a float to pointer type is not allowed.
4. What will be the data type of the result of the following operation?
(float)a * (int)b / (long)c * (double)d
5. Which of the following type-casting have chances for wrap around?
a) From int to float
b) From int to char
c) From char to short
d) From char to int
6. Which of the following typecasting is accepted by C?
a) Widening conversions
b) Narrowing conversions
c) Widening & Narrowing conversions
d) None of the mentioned
7. When do you need to use type-conversions?
a) The value to be stored is beyond the max limit
b) The value to be stored is in a form not supported by that data type
c) To reduce the memory in use, relevant to the value
d) All of the mentioned
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – C Programming Language.
To practice all areas of C language, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.