Pre-requisite / Skillset for Biomedical Instrumentation Internship
1. Intern must possess the ability to understand the philosophy of the heart, lung, blood circulation and respiration system.
2. Capable of providing latest ideas on devices of non‐electrical devices.
3. Require knowledge on various sensing and measurement devices of electrical origin.
4. Intern must possess the ability to understand the analysis systems of various organ types.
5. Must be capable of bringing out the important and modern methods of imaging techniques and their analysis.
6. Being familiar with the medical assistance/techniques, robotic and therapeutic equipment.
7. Require knowledge on fundamentals of Biomedical Engineering.
8. Must be familiar with communication mechanics in biomedical system.
9. Must be aware of the basic principles in imaging techniques.
10. Must have knowledge on measurement of certain important electrical and non-electrical parameters.
11. Basic knowledge in life assisting and therapeutic is required.
12. Require knowledge about origin of bio-potential, bio-signals and their measurement.
Biomedical Instrumentation Internship Test
Intern has to take Biomedical Instrumentation internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Biomedical Instrumentation topic.
1. Phonocardiography is listening to __________
(A) arm muscle sound
(B) lungs sound
(C) heart sound
(D) respiratory tract sound
Explanation: A phonocardiogram (or PCG) is a record high-constancy recording of sounds and mumble made by the heart with the assistance of the machine called phonocardiography. Consequently, phonocardiography is the chronicle of the considerable number of sounds made by the heart amid a heart cycle. Mostly stethoscope is used phonocardiography.
2. Which of the following statement is false about polarizable electrodes?
(A) they are made using stainless steel
(B) used for recording resting ECG
(C) retain a residual charge when exposed to large pulse of energy
(D) can transmit small bioelectric signals even after getting exposed to large pulse of energy
Explanation: Polarizable electrodes usually employ stainless steel and are used for resting ECG or other situations where there is small likelihood that the electrode would be exposed to a large pulse of energy (such as defibrillation discharge) in which case they would retain a residual charge, become polarized, and will no longer transmit the relatively small bioelectric signals, thus become useless.
3. The basic functional unit of nervous system is ____________
Explanation: The basic functional unit of the nervous system is a neuron. A typical neuron consists of a nucleated cell body and has several processes and branches. The dendrites normally conduct impulses towards the cell body and the axon conducts away from it.
4. The contraction of the skeletal muscles results in the generation of action potential in the individual muscle fibers. Record of this action potential is called ______________
Explanation: The contraction of the skeletal muscles results in the generation of action potential in the individual muscle fibers, a record of such action potential is known as electromyogram (EMG). The activity is similar to that observed in the cardiac muscles (ECG or EKG), but in the skeletal muscles, repolarization takes place much more rapidly. The action potential lasts for only few milliseconds.
5. Which of the following metal is preferred for manufacturing micro electrodes?
(A) Stainless steel
Explanation: Tungsten is preferred for constructing micro-electrodes due to its mechanical strength and its apparent inertness. Although tungsten itself is reactive, a surface layer of tungsten oxide will, in most situations, protect the metal against corrosion.
Practice the full set of Biomedical Instrumentation Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Biomedical Instrumentation Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Biomedical Instrumentation Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Biomedical Instrumentation Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Biomedical Instrumentation, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Biomedical Instrumentation subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Biomedical Instrumentation".
2. Biomedical Instrumentation articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Biomedical Instrumentation Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Biomedical Instrumentation Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Biomedical Instrumentation Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Biomedical Instrumentation" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Biomedical Instrumentation InternshipIf you are looking for "Biomedical Instrumentation" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Biomedical Instrumentation, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Biomedical Instrumentation InternshipWho can apply for Biomedical Instrumentation content writing internship?
Students who had studied Biomedical Instrumentation in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Biomedical Instrumentation.
What are the skill sets required for Biomedical Instrumentation internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Biomedical Instrumentation internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Biomedical Instrumentation Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Biomedical Instrumentation?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Biomedical Instrumentation?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Biomedical Instrumentation. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Biomedical Instrumentation internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Biomedical Instrumentation at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]