Pre-requisite / Skillset for Basic Civil Engineering Internship
1. Intern must capable of explaining the usage of construction material and proper selection of construction materials.
2. Should be familiar with the Civil Engineering components of Projects.
3. Capable of measuring distances and area by surveying.
4. Intern must identify the components used in power plant cycle.
5. Being familiar with the demonstration of working principles of petrol and diesel engine.
6. Must possess the knowledge on the components of refrigeration and air conditioning cycle.
7. Must be familiar with the basics of Civil Engineering.
8. Intern should be familiar with the materials and measurements used in Civil Engineering.
9. Require knowledge on the fundamental elements of civil engineering structures.
10. Intern must be capable of distinguishing the components and working principle of powerplant units, IC engines and R & AC system.
Basic Civil Engineering Internship Test
Intern has to take Basic Civil Engineering internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Basic Civil Engineering topic.
1. Granite is a type of:
(A) Plutonic rock
(B) Metamorphic rock
(C) Hypabyssal rock
(D) Volcanic rock
Explanation: Granite is formed at a slow rate of cooling of magma at considerable depths and so is a type of plutonic rock.
2. What is sand blasting?
(A) Process of making carvings on stone surface
(B) Quarrying technique
(C) Dressing type
(D) Process of using sand to blast stone surface
Explanation: It’s used to carve or clean a surface with a high velocity jet of abrasive material (sand, walnut, steel bits, etc..)
3. What texture should a building stone possess?
(A) Loose grains
(B) Crystalline structure
Explanation: Texture is the grains composing the stone in the strata. Crystalline structure is the required texture. Other options are undesired textures.
4. Which stone has a hardness of 7 in the Mohr’s hardness scale?
Explanation: Mohr’s hardness scale ranks stones according to their hardness numbers. Calcite has a hardness of 3, gypsum 2 and topaz 8.
5. What type of grains constitutes river sand?
Explanation: River sand is constituted of fine round grains. These are the result of mutual attrition under the effect of water current. It is naturally occurring, clean and mostly white in colour.
Practice the full set of Basic Civil Engineering Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Basic Civil Engineering Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Basic Civil Engineering Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Basic Civil Engineering Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Basic Civil Engineering, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Basic Civil Engineering subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Basic Civil Engineering".
2. Basic Civil Engineering articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Basic Civil Engineering Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Basic Civil Engineering Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Basic Civil Engineering Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Basic Civil Engineering" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Basic Civil Engineering InternshipIf you are looking for "Basic Civil Engineering" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Basic Civil Engineering, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Basic Civil Engineering InternshipWho can apply for Basic Civil Engineering content writing internship?
Students who had studied Basic Civil Engineering in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Basic Civil Engineering.
What are the skill sets required for Basic Civil Engineering internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Basic Civil Engineering internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Basic Civil Engineering Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Basic Civil Engineering?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Basic Civil Engineering?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Basic Civil Engineering. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Basic Civil Engineering internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Basic Civil Engineering at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]