Pre-requisite / Skillset for Avionics Internship
1. Intern must have the ability to build digital avionics architecture.
2. Capable of selecting the suitable data bus based on the application.
3. Intern must be able to design autopilot for small aircrafts using MATLAB.
4. Require knowledge of display technologies, communication and navigation systems.
5. Intern must analyze the performance of various cockpit display technologies.
6. Intern must integrate avionics systems using data buses.
7. Being familiar with the need for avionics in civil, military and space systems.
8. Must possess the ability to Design Navigation system.
9. Ability to design and perform analysis on air system.
10. Must be able to distinguish the avionics system architecture.
11. Must be capable of identifying the suitable navigation systems.
12. Must be aware of the use of microprocessors, data buses and avionics system architectures.
Avionics Internship Test
Intern has to take Avionics internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Avionics topic.
1. What is the reason for using CRT used instead of LCD or LED displays?
(A) To meet the required brightness level
(B) Cheap to manufacture
(C) Low energy of operation
Explanation: To clearly see the flight parameters displayed on the combiner glass against the bright sky, it is necessary to achieve a display brightness of 30,000 Cd/m square. This high brightness requirement is the reason why CRT is used instead of LCD or LED, even though CRT’s are heavier and require more power to run.
2. Monocular rivalry occurs due to the brain trying to concentrate on _________
(A) two equal displays on both the eyes
(B) two different displays on both the eyes
(C) one eye with display and the other eye without display
(D) both the outside world image and the displayed image in one eye
Explanation: Monocular rivalry occurs because the brain is trying to process different images from each eye and rivalry can occur between the eye with a display and the eye without a display. The effect is most significant when flying at night when one eye sees less light whereas the other eye sees more. To overcome this binocular system is used where both the eyes are presented with the flight parameters.
3. Why are mechanical instruments retained when high tech LED displays are available?
(A) LED displays are costly
(B) LED Displays cannot withstand the flight environment conditions
(C) Probability of failure
Explanation: Although high tech LED Displays are available the mechanical systems are still used as a fail-safe for the LED display. There is always a chance of electrical failure due to engine failure and power supply may be cut off. In situations like this mechanical systems are necessary to land the plane safely.
4. What are isolated word recognizers?
(A) Systems that can recognize anyone’s voice
(B) System that is not fully voice commanded
(C) Systems that require a pause between each word to recognize
(D) Systems that only accept one-word command
Explanation: An isolated word recognizer requires pauses between each word said as it cannot recognize fully connected speech. The DVI control in an aircraft must not be an isolated voice recognizer to ensure smooth man-machine interface.
5. How are FBW signals transmitted?
(C) Time division multiplexing
(D) Code division multiplexing
Explanation: Transmission of electric signals is a key element in a FBW system. Faster the signal transmission, quicker the response of the aircraft to the pilot stick controls. Time division multiplexing is used where signals can be transmitted along a network comprising only of two wires as only one set of data is being transmitted at any particular time.
Practice the full set of Avionics Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Avionics Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Avionics Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Avionics Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Avionics, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Avionics subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Avionics".
2. Avionics articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Avionics Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Avionics Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Avionics Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Avionics" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Avionics InternshipIf you are looking for "Avionics" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Avionics, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Avionics InternshipWho can apply for Avionics content writing internship?
Students who had studied Avionics in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Avionics.
What are the skill sets required for Avionics internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Avionics internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Avionics Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Avionics?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Avionics?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Avionics. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Avionics internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Avionics at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]