This set of Automobile Engineering Questions and Answers for Entrance exams focuses on “Automobiles Classification”.
1. Two door and four door type automobiles are classified as
c) Special purpose vehicles
d) Pick ups
Explanation: 2 door and 4 door type vehicles are classified as Sedan.
2. Which of these falls under LMV(Light Motor Vehicle) category based on capacity?
Explanation: Cars and jeeps are Light Motor Vehicles based on their capacity.
3. Most of the ______________ vehicles have automatic transmission.
Explanation: Most american vehicles are of automatic transmission type.
4. A delivery van falls under the category of which type of vehicles.
a) Heavy passenger vehicles
b) Light passenger vehicles
c) Heavy goods vehicles
d) Light goods vehicles
Explanation: A delivery van is a light goods vehicle.
5. Load per axle for a vehicle can be reduced by which of the following methods.
a) By increasing distance between the axles
b) By increasing the number of tyres
c) By increasing the number of axles
d) By decreasing the length of an axle
Explanation: Load per axle can be reduced by increasing the number of axles.
6. Abbreviation HEVs stands for what
a) Highly Efficient Vehicles
b) Hybrid Electric Vehicles
c) Highly Economic Vehicles
d) Highly Engineered Vehicles
Explanation: Hybrid Electric Vehicles are also known as HEVs.
7. Abbreviation SUVs stands for what
a) Supply Unit Vehicles
b) Sub-urban Utility Vehicles
c) Short Urban Vehicles
d) Super Utility Vehicles
Explanation: SUVs stands for Sub-urban Utility Vehicles.
8. A Cabriolet is a convertible car with how many seats
Explanation: A four seater convertible car is also known as a Cabriolet.
9. BMW is a leading German engine and automobile manufacturing company. Here BMW is an abbreviation for
a) British Motor Works
b) Bayerische Motoren Werke
c) Bayerische Machine Werke
d) Bright Motor Works
Explanation: The full form of BMW is Bayerische Motoren Werke.
10. Which one of these is a Sports car?
a) Honda S2000
b) Mercedes-Benz S-Class
c) Audi A6
d) Porsche 911
Explanation: Porsche 911 a sports car.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Automobile Engineering.
To practice all areas of Automobile Engineering for Entrance exams, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.