Pre-requisite / Skillset for Automata Theory Internship
1. Intern should have fundamental understanding on the core concepts in Automata Theory and Theory of Computation.
2. Should know how to translate between different models of Computation.
3. Ability to design Grammars and Automata (recognizers) for different language classes.
4. Being knowledgeable about restricted models of Computation (Regular, Context Free) and their relative powers.
5. Must be able to classify a problem with respect to different models of Computation.
6. Skills in formal reasoning is required.
7. Should be capable of reducing a problem to a formal model, with an emphasis on semantic precision and conciseness.
8. Must be capable of stating and explaining the relevance of the Church-Turing thesis.
9. Should be able to analyse and design, Turing machines, formal languages and grammars.
10. Must have adequate knowledge on topics such as algorithm, computability, decidability, and complexity through problem solving.
Automata Theory Internship Test
Intern has to take Automata Theory internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Automata Theory topic.
1. Assume the R is a relation on a set A, aRb is partially ordered such that a and b are _____________
(D) reflexive and transitive
Explanation: A partially ordered relation refers to one which is Reflexive, Transitive and Antisymmetric.
2. State true or false:
Statement: Hamiltonian cycles through any fixed edge is always even, so if one such cycle is given, the second one must also exists.
Explanation: Handshaking lemma states that ‘Every finite undirected graph has an even number of vertices with odd degree.
3. Which of the functions can a turing machine not perform?
(A) Copying a string
(B) Deleting a symbol
(C) Accepting a pal
(D) Inserting a symbol
Explanation: Different turing machines exist for operations like copying a string, deleting a symbol, inserting a symbol and accepting palindromes.
4. State true or false:
Statement: Using a two track tape, we can use a semi infinite tape to simulate an infinte tape.
Explanation: A TM with a semi-infinite tape means that there are no cells to the left of the initial head position. A TM with a semi infinite tape simulates a TM with an infinite tape by using a two-track tape.
5. Statement 1: NFA computes the string along parallel paths.
Statement 2: An input can be accepted at more than one place in an NFA.
Which among the following options are most appropriate?
(A) Statement 1 is true while 2 is not
(B) Statement 1 is false while is not
(C) Statement 1 and 2, both are true
(D) Statement 1 and 2, both are false
Explanation: While the machine runs on some input string, if it has the choice to split, it goes in all possible way and each one is different copy of the machine. The machine takes subsequent choice to split further giving rise to more copies of the machine getting each copy run parallel. If any one copy of the machine accepts the strings, then NFA accepts, otherwise it rejects.
Practice the full set of Automata Theory Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Automata Theory Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Automata Theory Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Automata Theory Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Automata Theory, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Automata Theory subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Automata Theory".
2. Automata Theory articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Automata Theory Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Automata Theory Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Automata Theory Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Automata Theory" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Automata Theory InternshipIf you are looking for "Automata Theory" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Automata Theory, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Automata Theory InternshipWho can apply for Automata Theory content writing internship?
Students who had studied Automata Theory in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Automata Theory.
What are the skill sets required for Automata Theory internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Automata Theory internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Automata Theory Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Automata Theory?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Automata Theory?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Automata Theory. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Automata Theory internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Automata Theory at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
We don't have the required operational setup to work with international students. So, we cannot offer internships to international students at this point in time.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]