This set of Artificial Intelligence Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Robotics – 1”.
1. What is the name for information sent from robot sensors to robot controllers?
2. Which of the following terms refers to the rotational motion of a robot arm?
3. What is the name for the space inside which a robot unit operates?
b) spatial base
c) work envelope
d) exclusion zone
4. Which of the following terms IS NOT one of the five basic parts of a robot?
a) peripheral tools
b) end effectors
5. Decision support programs are designed to help managers make:
a) budget projections
b) visual presentations
c) business decisions
d) vacation schedules
6. PROLOG is an AI programming language which solves problems with a form of symbolic logic known as predicate calculus. It was developed in 1972 at the University of Marseilles by a team of specialists. Can you name the person who headed this team?
a) Alain Colmerauer
b) Niklaus Wirth
c) Seymour Papert
d) John McCarthy
7. The number of moveable joints in the base, the arm, and the end effectors of the robot determines_________
a) degrees of freedom
b) payload capacity
c) operational limits
8. Which of the following places would be LEAST likely to include operational robots?
d) private homes
9. For a robot unit to be considered a functional industrial robot, typically, how many degrees of freedom would the robot have?
10. Which of the basic parts of a robot unit would include the computer circuitry that could be programmed to determine what the robot would do?
d) end effector
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Artificial Intelligence.