This set of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Quiz focuses on “Natural Language Processing – 2”.
1. Given a stream of text, Named Entity Recognition determines which pronoun maps to which noun.
Explanation: Given a stream of text, Named Entity Recognition determines which items in the text maps to proper names.
2. Natural Language generation is the main task of Natural language processing.
Explanation: Natural Language Generation is to Convert information from computer databases into readable human language.
3. OCR (Optical Character Recognition) uses NLP.
Explanation: Given an image representing printed text, determines the corresponding text.
4. Parts-of-Speech tagging determines ___________
a) part-of-speech for each word dynamically as per meaning of the sentence
b) part-of-speech for each word dynamically as per sentence structure
c) all part-of-speech for a specific word given as input
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: A Bayesian network provides a complete description of the domain.
5. Parsing determines Parse Trees (Grammatical Analysis) for a given sentence.
Explanation: Determine the parse tree (grammatical analysis) of a given sentence. The grammar for natural languages is ambiguous and typical sentences have multiple possible analyses. In fact, perhaps surprisingly, for a typical sentence there may be thousands of potential parses (most of which will seem completely nonsensical to a human).
6. IR (information Retrieval) and IE (Information Extraction) are the two same thing.
Explanation: Information retrieval (IR) – This is concerned with storing, searching and retrieving information. It is a separate field within computer science (closer to databases), but IR relies on some NLP methods (for example, stemming). Some current research and applications seek to bridge the gap between IR and NLP.
Information extraction (IE) – This is concerned in general with the extraction of semantic information from text. This covers tasks such as named entity recognition, Coreference resolution, relationship extraction, etc.
7. Many words have more than one meaning; we have to select the meaning which makes the most sense in context. This can be resolved by ____________
a) Fuzzy Logic
b) Word Sense Disambiguation
c) Shallow Semantic Analysis
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Shallow Semantic Analysis doesn’t cover word sense disambiguation.
8. Given a sound clip of a person or people speaking, determine the textual representation of the speech.
c) All of the mentioned
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: NLP is required to linguistic analysis.
9. Speech Segmentation is a subtask of Speech Recognition.
10. In linguistic morphology _____________ is the process for reducing inflected words to their root form.
d) Both Rooting & Stemming
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Artificial Intelligence.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Artificial Intelligence
- Participate in Artificial Intelligence Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Artificial Intelligence
- Take Artificial Intelligence Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Computer Science Internship
- Buy Artificial Intelligence Books
- Practice Computer Science MCQs
- Buy Computer Science Books
- Apply for Artificial Intelligence Internship