Pre-requisite / Skillset for Analytical Instrumentation Internship
1. Intern must have knowledge on basic concept of qualitative and quantitative analysis of a given sample.
2. Must possess working knowledge of analytical instrumentation typically employed in chemical/biochemical research and industry laboratories.
3. Intern must have the ability to apply the fundamental principles of selective analytical instruments for separation, identification and quantitative analysis of chemical substances.
4. Must have the ability to assess and suggest a suitable analytical method for a specific application.
5. Require knowledge on the concepts like measurement in many chemical processes and laboratories handling liquids or solutions.
6. Intern must be familiar with working principle, types and applications of NMR and Mass spectroscopy.
7. Must possess fundamental knowledge on gas chromatography and liquid chromatography.
8. Must be familiar with principle, construction and working of various analytical instrumentation.
9. Intern must be able to describe and differentiate between online and offline process and identify suitable instruments for analysis.
10. Intern must have detailed information about the application of analytical techniques in medicine, industry, etc.
Analytical Instrumentation Internship Test
Intern has to take Analytical Instrumentation internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Analytical Instrumentation topic.
1. Velocity of electromagnetic radiation is more in a vacuum than in any medium.
Explanation: Velocity of electromagnetic radiation tends to decrease when a medium is present. Hence, it attains maximum speed in a vacuum.
2. Lambert’s law states that the intensity of light decreases with respect to __________
Explanation: Lambert’s law states that the intensity of light decreases with respect to the concentration of the medium. It was stated by Lambert.
3. How is Tungsten Halogen lamp differs from normal Tungsten filament lamp used in absorption spectroscopy?
(A) It has a tungsten filament and is filled with inert gas
(B) Iodine is added to normal filling gas
(C) Iodine is coated on tungsten filament
(D) Iodine is added to inert gas
Explanation: In Tungsten filament lamp tungsten filament is enclosed in a bulb of glass filled with inert gas or vacuum. In Tungsten Halogen lamp iodine is added to the normal filling glass.
4. Which of the following statement is false about double beam absorption instruments?
(A) It is similar to single beam instruments except two beams are present
(B) Tungsten bulb is used as a source
(C) Reference beam must have a higher intensity than sample beam
(D) Both the beams after they pass through respective samples are compared
Explanation: Reference beam cannot have a higher intensity than sample beam. The beam is split into two beams of equal intensity.
5. Why is the computer necessary in Fourier Transform Spectrometer?
(A) To display the detector output
(B) To process the detector output
(C) To determine the amplitude
(D) To determine the frequency
Explanation: The computer is necessary to process the output of the detector. The Fourier Transform of output is determined using software using computers.
Practice the full set of Analytical Instrumentation Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Analytical Instrumentation Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Analytical Instrumentation Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Analytical Instrumentation Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Analytical Instrumentation, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Analytical Instrumentation subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Analytical Instrumentation".
2. Analytical Instrumentation articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Analytical Instrumentation Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Analytical Instrumentation Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Analytical Instrumentation Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Analytical Instrumentation" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Analytical Instrumentation InternshipIf you are looking for "Analytical Instrumentation" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Analytical Instrumentation, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Analytical Instrumentation InternshipWho can apply for Analytical Instrumentation content writing internship?
Students who had studied Analytical Instrumentation in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Analytical Instrumentation.
What are the skill sets required for Analytical Instrumentation internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Analytical Instrumentation internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Analytical Instrumentation Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Analytical Instrumentation?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Analytical Instrumentation?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Analytical Instrumentation. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Analytical Instrumentation internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Analytical Instrumentation at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]