Pre-requisite / Skillset for Analog Communications Internship
1. Intern must be familiar with the basic concepts of analog modulation techniques.
2. Intern must have the ability to describe different wireless area networks and their applications.
3. Should be capable of designing AM communication systems.
4. Should be familiar with designing angle modulated communication systems.
5. Ability to understand and analyze the AM and FM receivers.
6. Examining the noise performance of AM and FM systems.
7. Fundamentals of various analog modulations should be known.
8. Being familiar with the generation and detection of AM and FM waves.
9. Should know the AM and FM transmitter and Receiver.
10. Require knowledge on the effect of noise on communication systems.
Analog Communications Internship Test
Intern has to take Analog Communications internship test in which they will be asked 50 multiple-choice questions. They have to score grade A or A* on this test to be eligible for the internship. Here’s a sample set of questions on the Analog Communications topic.
1. Which device is used for tuning the receiver according to incoming signal (especially in TV)?
(A) Low pass filter
(B) High pass filter
(C) Zener diode
(D) Varacter diode
Explanation: Varactor diode is a diode working in the reverse-bias because of which no current flows through it. It has variable capacitance which varies with applied voltage. Varactor diodes are mainly used in Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) and RF Filters for tuning the receiver to the incoming signal or different stations.
2. A heterodyne frequency changer is ________
(D) Local Oscillator
Explanation: A mixer is a nonlinear electrical circuit that multiplies two signal frequencies applied to it, and produces a new frequency. Mixers are widely used to shift signals from one frequency range to other, which is known as heterodyning process. Generally, Local Oscillator generates a frequency to be applied at one of the input terminals of the mixer. Demodulator decodes the message signal from modulated signal, while modulator encodes message signal for transmission.
3. What is Carrier swing?
(A) Frequency deviation
(B) Width of sideband
(C) Instantaneous frequency
(D) Total variation in frequency
Explanation: Carrier swing is defined as the total variation in frequency from the lowest to the highest point. It is equal to twice the frequency deviation of FM signal. The rest of the options are parameters in FM.
4. Low frequency noise is ________
(A) Flicker noise
(B) Shot noise
(C) Thermal noise
(D) Partition Noise
Explanation: Flicker noise is a type of electronic noise which is generated due to fluctuations in the density of carrier. It’s also known as 1/f as it’s power spectral density increases with a decrease in frequency or increase in offset from a signal.
5. Square Law modulators ________
(A) used for amplitude modulation
(B) have non linear current-voltage characteristics
(C) have non linear current-voltage characteristics as well as used for Amplitude Modulation
(D) used for frequency modulation
Explanation: Square law modulators are used for amplitude modulation and have non-linear current-voltage characteristics. The output of Square law demodulator is said to vary with respect to square of the input. They are highly linear in low voltage region.
Practice the full set of Analog Communications Multiple Choice Questions before applying for the internship.
How to apply for the Analog Communications Internship
1. Read the Sanfoundry Internship FAQs
2. Take the Analog Communications Internship Test
3. Submit the Internship Application Form
3. Analog Communications Content Development InternshipsIn this content writing / content development internship for Analog Communications, the shortlisted interns would be working towards the creation of "Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs)" OR "Tutorial Articles" OR "Questions & Answers" on Analog Communications subject.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities and guidelines include the following.
1. Interns would be creating Questions and/or tutorials articles on "Analog Communications".
2. Analog Communications articles must be written with an organized structure with detailed steps and examples.
3. Interns should write clear and concise articles so that the readers can understand them easily.
4. Interns should follow Sanfoundry defined guidelines and format.
5. Interns should report the work status to their mentor on daily basis.
6. Interns should ensure that the content is plagiarism-free.
4. Analog Communications Realtime ProjectsDepending on the requirements and availability of free slots, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide industry-oriented, live, real-time projects, or industrial visits for deserving candidates of Sanfoundry accredited college. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
5. Analog Communications Research ProjectsIf applicable, Sanfoundry will attempt to provide guidance to interns on "research projects" and "academic projects" so that they can do the necessary study, experimentation, and simulation to arrive at meaningful conclusions. This will help them write "White Papers", "Research Papers" and "Journal Articles" to be published in various eminent journals. Kindly ask your college authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
6. Analog Communications Internship Benefits and Perks1. Sanfoundry will issue an internship certificate and a lump sum cash reward as a token of appreciation towards the intern’s contribution to Sanfoundry’s Global Learning Project.
2. This internship with help widen the intern's deep knowledge on the "Analog Communications" subject.
3. It will help to boost the intern's resume and also give real-time work experience.
4. Sanfoundry certificate is very useful to an individual in their professional career growth.
5. Most of the shortlisted interns will be working directly under the guidance of our Founder & CTO, Manish Sir
7. How to Apply for Analog Communications InternshipIf you are looking for "Analog Communications" internship at Sanfoundry, you have to fill an application form. The application form is quite detailed and it allows us to understand the qualities of an intern in a deeper way. So, the best way to fill the application is to allocate 2-4 hours towards reading and filling your application form. You must fill every question seriously and honestly. Also, pay special attention to Grammar and sentence framing.
If you are interested to do an internship in Analog Communications, then kindly fill this Application Form.
8. FAQs - Analog Communications InternshipWho can apply for Analog Communications content writing internship?
Students who had studied Analog Communications in their official curriculum or taken a meaningful in-depth external training on this subject can apply for this internship.
What type of work will be assigned to intern in this internship?
Interns would be working towards the creation of "Tutorial Articles" and/or "Questions and Answers" on Analog Communications.
What are the skill sets required for Analog Communications internship?
We have already mentioned above the technical pre-requisite and skillset required for this internship. Besides, the student should be able to work independently, sincere and hard-working, and a self-starter.
Can I apply for Analog Communications internship if I don't have any experience?
Yes. Sanfoundry values skills developed through academic work, volunteer experiences, extracurricular experiences, or other experiences which demonstrate the technical skills useful in work. So, people with no experience can also apply for Analog Communications Internship.
Does Sanfoundry provide Real-time project on Analog Communications?
Yes, but we accept a limited number of candidates from Sanfoundry accredited colleges for real-time projects. Where ever applicable we will attempt to provide industry-oriented projects or industrial visits to deserving candidates. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
Does Sanfoundry provide research projects or academic projects on Analog Communications?
Yes, Sanfoundry provides ideas on research projects and/or academic projects on some of the topics in Analog Communications. Kindly ask your College authorities (HOD / Principal) to connect with us.
How can I apply for Analog Communications internship?
Fill this Application Form to apply for internships in Analog Communications at Sanfoundry.
9. FAQs - Internship GeneralCan I get academic credit for my internship?
Yes, if you are doing an internship at Sanfoundry, it may be possible to get academic credit for your internship. Since the College authorities issue these credits, kindly check with your department once.
What is the duration of Content Development Internship?
The duration ranges from 1-month to 3-months. The duration can be adjusted based on the academic schedule of your college or school.
How many hours do I have to work as a part-time intern?
If you are working as a part-time intern in Sanfoundry, you would be allocating 3-4 hours/day.
How many hours do I have to work as a full-time intern?
If you are working as a full-time intern in Sanfoundry, you should be allocating 8 hours/day.
What would be the work timings if I get selected?
Work timings depend on you're availability during the day or evening and the type of internship. But you need to report work status on daily basis.
What are the benefits of completing Sanfoundry Internship?
- You will receive an internship certificate and a lumpsum cash reward
- You will gain working experience
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email (with an agreement) from us once you are selected.
How will I know if am selected for the internship?
If you are selected for the internship, you will receive a call/message from us. It generally takes anywhere from 2-days to 2-weeks from the date of your application. However, due to a very large number of internship requests, sometimes the response gets delayed further.
What kind of documents should I submit after accepting the offer?
No documents are required to be submitted.
How will I receive the stipend for "Work-From-Home" internship?
Upon completion of the internship, the stipend will be directly credited into your bank account through NEFT/IMPS.
Do we get paid on a monthly basis?
No, Payment is made only when the internship task is completed.
How long it takes to receive the internship certificate and cash reward, after completion of the internship?
The internship closure process usually takes 7-15 working days.
Can I get a recommendation letter after successful completion of the internship?
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will receive an Internship Certificate. This certificate is written in a letter format which is almost similar to a "Letter of Recommendation".
Can international student apply for an internship in Sanfoundry?
If you are an international student and have a bank account in India, then you can apply. Kindly note that we are currently not authorized to pay the stipend in foreign currencies, so you must have bank accounts in India to receive the stipend.
Can I take part in multiple internship programs offered by Sanfoundry at the same time?
No, you can work on only one internship at a time. But after completing the internship you can work on another internship. In fact, a lot of interns keep doing multiple internships with us, one at a time.
Can I discontinue the current internship and join the new internship offered by Sanfoundry?
Yes, you can apply for other internships.
What happens if I discontinue in the middle of my internship?
If the work is partially completed, then Sanfoundry will do the payment on a proportionate basis provided that the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Will I receive a certificate and reward if I didn't complete the internship?
Sanfoundry will give a certificate and a proportionate reward if the intern has completed at least 10% of the work.
Whom to contact if I have more query?
Kindly drop an email to [email protected]