Our 1000+ Traffic Engineering questions and answers focuses on all areas of Traffic Engineering subject covering 100+ topics in Traffic Engineering. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Traffic Engineering. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Traffic Engineering comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Traffic Engineering interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Traffic Engineering with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Traffic Engineering Subject
Who should Practice these Traffic Engineering Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Traffic Engineering Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Traffic Engineering
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Traffic Engineering Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Transportation System and Organisation
The section contains questions and answers on transportation importance and history, transportation modes and organisation.
Importance and History of Transportation
Modes of Transportation
2. Questions on Traffic Operation and Characteristics
The section contains questions on traffic engineering studies, driver characteristics and requirements, piev theory, vehicular characteristics, road characteristics, traffic operation planning for pedestrians, cyclists and disabled people.
3. Questions & Answers on Traffic Engineering and Traffic Volume Studies
The section contains questions and answers on traffic studies types, travel time, delay studies, passenger car unit, volume counting techniques, traffic volume data presentation, aadt, adt, spot speed study, highest hourly volume and phv.
Types of Traffic Studies
Travel Time and Delay Studies
Passenger Car Unit (PCU)
Methods of Volume Counting
Presentation of Traffic Volume Data
AADT and ADT
Highest Hourly Volume and PHV
Spot Speed Study
4. Questions on Speed Studies
The section contains questions on speed study application, spot speed data presentation, model and median speed.
Application of Speed Study
Presentation of Spot Speed Data
|Model Speed and Median Speed|
5. Questions & Answers on Fundamental Principle of Traffic Flow
The section contains questions and answers on traffic flow element, flow density relationships, traffic streams, gap and gap acceptance.
Traffic Flow Element
Flow Density Relationships
|Traffic Streams, Gap and Gap Acceptance|
6. Questions on Traffic Capacity
The section contains questions on highway capacity basics, two lane and multilane highway capacity, basic freeway capacity, weaving sections and rotary capacity.
Introduction to Highway Capacity
Basic Freeway Capacity
Two Lane Highway Capacity
Multilane Highway Capacity
Capacity of Weaving Sections
Capacity of Rotary
7. Questions & Answers on Traffic Stream Models
The section contains questions and answers on greenshield’s macroscopic steam model, greenberg’s logarithmic and underwood’s exponential models.
Greenshield’s Macroscopic Steam Model
Greenberg’s Logarithmic Model
|Underwood’s Exponential Model|
8. Questions on Travel Time and Delay Studies
The section contains questions on speed delay studies methods, floating car method and fixed delays.
Methods of Speed Delay Studies
Floating Car Method
9. Questions & Answers on Traffic Surveys, Origin and Destination Studies
The section contains questions and answers on origin and destination studies purpose and representation, data collection methods and parking surveys.
Purpose of OD Studies
Methods of Data Collection
Representation of OD Studies
Parking Surveys – 1
Parking Surveys – 2
10. Questions on Road Accidents
The section contains questions on accident studies, collision diagram, accident investigation techniques and analysis, safety measures and basic maneuvers.
Accident Studies – 1
Accident Studies – 2
Accident Investigation Techniques
11. Questions & Answers on Intersection Controls
The section contains questions and answers on intersections conflict points, intersection control types, indications signal timings and freeway ramps.
Conflict Points at Intersections
Types of Intersection Control
Signal Timings for Indications
12. Questions on Intersection Islands & Design
The section contains questions on islands types, rotary islands, rotary intersection design, rotary roadway characteristics and grade intersections types.
Types of Islands
Design of Rotary Intersection
Characteristics of Rotary Roadway
Types of Grade Intersections
13. Questions & Answers on Geometric Design of Highway Facilities
The section contains questions and answers on highway design factors, parking and bicycle facilities.
Factors Influencing Highway Design
14. Questions on Highway Lightings & Safety
The sections covers questions on lighting terminology, lighting characteristics and arrangement, highway safety plans, safety issues and design features.
Safety Issues and Highway Safety Plans
Safety Design Features
15. Questions & Answers on Traffic Control Devices
The section contains questions and answers on islands, markings, traffic signs and signals.
16. Questions on Traffic Signs & Traffic Signals
The section contains questions on traffic signs types and characteristics, road signals forms, signals design, webster method, effective green time, lane capacity, basic maneuvers and webster delay model.
Different Types of Traffic Signs
Traffic Signs Characteristics
Various Forms of Road Signals
Design of Signals
Definition Used in Signal Design
Effective Green Time
Webster Delay Model
17. Questions & Answers on Traffic Distribution System, Transportation Planning & ITS
The section contains questions and answers on negative exponential distribution, transportation planning process, urban transport planning, forecasting travel, intelligent transportation systems, gis and gps.
Negative Exponential Distribution
Transportation Planning Process
Urban Transport Planning
Evaluating Transportation Alternative
ITS, GIS and GPS
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Traffic Engineering!