This set of tough Steam and Gas Turbines Questions focuses on “Combustion and Thermochemistry”.
1. Combustor is also known as __________
a) flame holder
Explanation: Combustion takes place in combustor. It is also known as flame holder. Combustor can also be called as burner. Flame holder is used to hold the flame in the combustor.
2. In gas turbine combustion chamber is fed with __________ pressure high temperature gas.
Explanation: In gas turbine combustor is fed with high pressure gas. As the pressure is very high as soon as oxygen is supplied in fuel starts burning.
3. When combustor pressure decreases efficiency _________
c) remains constant
Explanation: When combustor pressure decreases its efficiency decreases as it is directly proportional.
4. In an ideal combustor exit temperature must be _________
Explanation: When exit temperature is not uniform thermal stress develops on the walls of combustor.
5. In air crafts combustors are constrained by size and weight.
Explanation: In air craft combustors are constrained by size and weight.
6. Combustors ________ pollutants.
c) remains constant
Explanation: Combustors reduce pollutants. The work of combustor is to assure that fuel is completely burned, when the fuel is completely burned pollutants will be reduced.
7. Swirler is the _____ part in the combustor.
Explanation: When air enters combustor it firstly passes through swirler where it induces swirling motion.
8. Nitrogen oxides are released from ________
Explanation: Nitrogen oxide is also a type of pollutant released from combustor.
9. CO pollutant released from combustor is emitted during _______ process.
c) CO is released no where
Explanation: Carbon monoxide is released during oxidizing process.
10. Nitrogen oxides are produced during combustion zone.
Explanation: Nitrogen oxides are produced during combustion zone.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Steam and Gas Turbines.
To practice tough questions on all areas of Steam and Gas Turbines, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers