1. Which of the following is not a non volatile storage device?
a. Memory Stick
b. Hard Disk
c. Random Access Memory
2. Which of the following is sequential access storage device?
a. Hard Disk
c. Tape Cartridge
d. Main Memory
3. Which of the Following is not an off-line storage device?
a. Tape Cartridge
b. Flash Memory
c. Tape Library
4. Pick the wrong statement about the hard disk?
a. Hard disk has multiple platters and each platter has two read/write heads one on each side
b. It’s a non-volatile & random access storage device
c. Hard disk can only have IDE or USB interface
d. Data Transfer rate is over 80 MBPS
5. Which of the following statements about various hard disks is wrong?
a. SATA Disks support faster transfer rates and have support for hot swapping
b. USB Hard disks store data on flash memory
c. ATA hard disks cannot be connected externally to computer
6. Which of the following is false?
a. NVRAM has built in battery which keeps power applied to it even after the power is switched off.
b. Flash memory can be electrically erased and reprogrammed
c. Flash memory is used in memory sticks
d. Flash disk can only have USB interface.
7. Which of the following is not true about JBOD?
a. JBOD can combine hard disks of different sizes into a single unit without loss of any capacity.
b. If a drive in a JBOD set dies then it may be easier to recover the files on the other Drives
c. JBOD supports data redundancy
d. JBOD doesn’t has any storage controller intelligence
8. Pick odd one out
d. fault tolerance
9. Which one of the following is not an advantage of RAID?
a. Data Security
b. Increased & integrated capacity
c. Improved performance
d. Effective data capacity increases
10. Pick the false statement about RAID 0
a. Provides no redundancy
b. Provides data striping
c. improves performance
d. Provides fault tolerance