1. Pick the false statement
a. RAID Level 1 provides disk mirroring
b. RAID Level 2 provides bit level striping with Hamming code ECC
c. RAID Level 4 provides block level striping
d. RAID Level 5 provides block level striping and error correction information
2. Which of the following provides byte level striping?
a. RAID 6
b. RAID 4
c. RAID 2
d. RAID 5
3. State true or false
a. Nested RAID provides better performance characteristics than the RAID levels that comprise them (true/false) – True
b. RAID Level 6 has dual parity where as RAID Level 5 has single parity and both does block level striping( true/false) – False
c. RAID Level 7 does Asynchronous cached striping with dedicated parity(true/false) – True
4. Which of the following is false about tape devices?
a. A tape drive is a data storage device that reads and writes data stored on a Magnetic tape
b. Tape drives are used for archival storage of data
c. Tape media has low unit cost and long archival stability
d. Tape drives allow random access of data
5. Select the correct option regarding tape drive
a. Tape drives have fast average seek times
b. Tape drives can stream data at a very fast rate
c. Archival life of data stored on tape is around 5 years
d. Tape drives can be used t store data on optical disks
6. A tape library does not contain
a. Tape Drive
b. Bar Code Reader
c. Robotic Arm
d. RAID Array
7. Which of the following is not true about a tape silo?
a. Libraries provide large storage capacity at a very cheap rate
b. They have slow access time
c. Tape libraries are primarily used for backups and as the final stage of digital archiving
8. For long term storage (archival) of data which of the following storage devices is generally used
a. Hard Disk
b. CD Rom
c. Floppy Disk
d. Tape Cartridges
9. Which of the following Company manufactures Tape Library?
10. Which of the following Company manufactures RAID devices?