The following job interview question test interviewee’s knowledge and understanding of various Data Management Techniques as well as High Availability Solutions.
- Draw a picture describing an end-to-end fault tolerant or highly available storage infrastructure from server to (both IP-SAN and FC SAN) to storage-device. Think of high availability at every possible point in the topology.
- What are various Data Protection Methods?
- What is HSM – Hierarchical Storage Management?
- What are various Disaster Recovery Solutions?
- What are various backup challenges?
- Compare and contrast Backup and Snapshot?
- Compare and contrast Snapshot and CDP?
Backup Assignment – The file system size is 1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB & 5GB for 5 consecutive days (assume only file additions have happened every consecutive day)
- Total space needed for full backup for 5 days would be?
- Total space needed for incremental backup for 5 days would be?
- Total space needed for differential backup for 5 days would be?
Learn the answer of these interview questions and an in-depth coverage on SAN by our most popular training program titled SAN Technology Training delivered by our Founder & CTO.