This set of Steam Turbines Aptitude Test focuses on “Adiabatic Efficiency “.
1. Adiabatic efficiency is the ___________ of actual work required by condenser to bring to certain temperature and actual work input.
Explanation: Adiabatic efficiency is the ratio of work required to raise to certain temperature to actual work input.
2. While calculating adiabatic efficiency of a nozzle exit conditions for iso-entropic nozzle are ___________
a) Exit temperature are equal
b) Exit pressure’s are equal
c) Inlet states are same
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: While calculating adiabatic efficiency of nozzle exit temperature, pressure and inlet states of iso-entropic nozzle are treated the same as normal one.
3. For calculating adiabatic efficiency they are ________ iso-entropic efficiency.
a) not compared with
b) compared with
c) multiplied with
Explanation: Adiabatic efficiency is always calculated by comparing with isoentropic efficiency.
4. It is assumed that all the processes internally are _________
c) reversible but not in all conditions
Explanation: It is assumed that all the processes internally are reversible.
5. In air standard assumption combustion is replaced by ___________
a) heat rejection
b) heat addition
Explanation: In air standard assumption combustion is replaced by heat addition.
6. In air standard assumptions heat exhaust process is replaced by _________
a) heat addition
c) heat rejection
Explanation: In air standard assumptions exhaust process is replaced by heat rejection process.
7. In air standard process working fluid air is assumed as an ____________
a) ideal gas
b) inert gas
c) high pressure gas
Explanation: In air standard assumptions working fluid air is assumed as ideal gas and assumed to rotate in closed loop.
8. In Air standard cycle air standard assumptions are ________
a) not applicable
c) depends on the situation
Explanation: Air standard cycle is a cycle where air standard assumptions are applicable.
9. Maximum work output that can be obtained from a system is called as _______.
a) Adiabatic efficiency
b) Isoentropic efficiency
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Availability is the maximum work output that can be obtained from a system.
10. Combination of _______ vapor cycles is called as binary vapor cycle.
Explanation: Binary vapor cycle is a combination of two cycles one operated at high temperatures and other operated at low temperatures.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Steam and Gas Turbines.
To practice all areas of Steam Turbines for aptitude tests, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers