This set of SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Management Studio – 2”.
1. SMO in SQL Server stands for ___________
a) Server Management Object
b) Service Management Object
c) SQL Management Object
d) SQL Server Management Object
Explanation: SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) is a collection of objects that are designed for programming all aspects of managing Microsoft SQL Server.
2. Which of the following feature is not provided by SSS 2008 ?
a) Automatic formatting
c) Code Outlining
Explanation: Management Studio’s Query Editor does not provide automatic formatting of T-SQL. There are some free websites that enable you to submit a SQL statement and will then format the code, but I’ve been using SQL Prompt from Red Gate and I’ve come to depend on it for consistent formatting.
3. Ctrl+K+K shortcut refers to ___________
a) Refresh IntelliSense
b) Add or remove a bookmark
c) Enable all bookmarks
d) Move to the next bookmark
Explanation: To toggle bookmarks on/off within SSMS, press Ctrl+K+K.
4. Which of the following shortcut is used to clear all bookmarks ?
Explanation: To delete all within SSMS, press Ctrl+K+L.
5. __________menu allows user to set up some keyboard shortcuts.
d) None of the Mentioned
Explanation: In SSMS click Tools, and then Options. Select Keyboard from the Environment tree and set up the things you are like to type very often.
6. Which menu is used to restore windows to their original locations ?
Explanation: To restore windows to their original locations, on the Window menu, click Reset Window Layout.
7. Which of the following is used to build sql statements without writing code ?
a) Registered Servers
b) Query Designer
c) Template Explorer
d) Context Explorer
Explanation: Within the Management Studio, Query Designer can build a SQL statement without having to write your own SQL code.
8. Which of the following is not database object ?
a) Database Diagrams
b) Stored Procedures
Explanation: PowerShell is a tool utility not a database object.
9. ______________ is schematic drawing used for representing relationships in database.
b) Database Diagrams
c) Table designer
d) Query Editor
Explanation: Database diagram tool allows you to visualize a database structure for further analysis and generate table relationship diagram from existing schema.
10. The _________ database is used by SQL Server Agent for scheduling alerts and jobs, and recording operators.
Explanation: MSDB Database stores information related to database backups, DTS packages, Replication, SQL Agent information, SQL Server jobs.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – SQL Server.
To practice all areas of SQL Server for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.