This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Software Reliability”.
1. Which of the following is not a phase of “bath tub curve” of hardware reliability?
a) Useful Life
Explanation: Time is the horizontal dimension on which the bath tub curve is built and not the phase.
2. How is reliability and failure intensity related to each other?
a) direct relation
b) inverse relation
c) no relation
d) none of the mentioned
Explanation: As the reliability increases, failure intensity decreases.
3. How many product quality factors are proposed in McCall quality model?
Explanation: McCall quality model has three product quality factors namely: Product revision, Product operation, Product Transition .
4. Which one of the following is not a software quality model?
a) ISO 9000
b) McCall model
c) Boehm model
d) ISO 9126
Explanation: ISO-9000 series of standards is a set of document dealing with quality systems that can be used for quality assurance purposes.
5. What is MTTF ?
a) Maximum time to failure
b) Mean time to failure
c) Minimum time to failure
d) None of the mentioned
6. How is software reliability defined?
Explanation: Software Reliability mainly concerned with the time component. It can be seen in various models like Basic Execution Time Model and Logarithmic Poisson Execution Time Model.
7. Suitability, Accuracy, Interpolability and security are what type quality attribute of ISO 9126 ?
Explanation: All the Characteristics mentioned in the question are related to achievement of the basic purpose for which the software is being engineered, which is functionality.
8. Time Behavior and Resource Behavior fall under which quality attribute of ISO 9126 ?
Explanation: The Characteristics mentioned in the question are related to the relationship between the level of performance of the software and the amount of resources used, under stated conditions.
9. NHPP stands for
a) Non Homogeneous Poisson Product
b) Non Hetrogeneous Poisson Product
c) Non Hetrogeneous Poisson Process
d) Non Homogeneous Poisson Process
10. The CMM model is a technique to
a) automatically maintain the software reliability
b) improve the software process.
c) test the software
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: Capability Maturity Model (CMM) is a strategy for improving the software process, irrespective of the actual life cycle model used.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.