1. Choose the correct option in terms of Issues related to professional responsibility
b) Intellectual property rights
c) Both a & b
d) Managing Client Relationships
Explanation: Engineers should normally respect the confidentiality of their employers or clients irrespective of whether or not a formal confidentiality agreement has been signed.
They should be aware of local laws governing the use of intellectual property such as patents, copyright, etc.
2. “Software engineers should not use their technical skills to misuse other people’s computers.”Here the term misuse refers to:
a) Unauthorized access to computer material
b) Unauthorized modification of computer material
c) Dissemination of viruses or other malware
d) All of the mentioned
3. Explain what is meant by PRODUCT with reference to one of the eight principles as per the ACM/IEEE Code of Ethics ?
a) The product should be easy to use.
b) Software engineers shall ensure that their products and related modifications meet the highest professional standards possible.
c) Software engineers shall ensure that their products and related modifications satisfy the client.
d) It means that the product designed /created should be easily available.
4. Identify an ethical dilemma from the situations mentioned below:
a) Your employer releases a safety-critical system without finishing the testing of the system.
b) Refusing to undertake a project.
c) Agreement in principle with the policies of senior management.
5. Identify the correct statement: “Software engineers shall
a) act in a manner that is in the best interests of his expertise and favour.”
b) act consistently with the public interest.”
c) ensure that their products only meet the SRS.”
Explanation: Software engineers shall act in a manner that is in the best interests of their client and employer consistent with the public interest and shall ensure that their products and related modifications meet the highest professional standards possible.Thus options a & c are ruled out.
6. Select the incorrect statement: “Software engineers should
a) not knowingly accept work that is outside your competence.”
b) not use your technical skills to misuse other people’s computers.”
c) be dependent on their colleagues.”
d) maintain integrity and independence in their professional judgment.”
7. Efficiency in a software product does not include ________
c) memory utilization
d) processing time
Explanation: Licensing of a software product comes under corporate part of the software company.
8. As per an IBM report, “31%of the project get cancelled before they are completed, 53% overrun their cost estimates by an average of 189% and for every 100 projects, there are 94 restarts”.What is the reason for these statistics ?
a) Lack of adequate training in software engineering
b) Lack of software ethics and understanding
c) Management issues in the company
Explanation: Option b & c are a part of Software Engineering as a subject,hence option a covers them both.
9. The reason for software bugs and failures is due to
a) Software companies
b) Software Developers
c) Both a and b
Explanation: Software companies are responsible for making policies and providing working atmosphere for the software development, so in turn these companies become a part of software development process.Bugs from developers side is no new thing. Thus option c answers the question.
10. Company has latest computers and state-of the- art software tools, so we shouldn’t worry about the quality of the product.
Explanation: The infrastructure is only one of the several factors that determine the quality of the product.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.