1. Which of the following process ensures that versions of systems and components are recorded and maintained?
b) Configuration control
Explanation:In configuration control changes are managed and all versions of components are identified and stored for the lifetime.
2. Which of the following process is concerned with analyzing the costs and benefits of proposed changes?
a) Change management
b) Version management
c) System building
d) Release management
Explanation:It involves approving those changes that are worthwhile, and tracking which components in the system have been changed.
3. Which of the following is not a Version management feature?
a) Version and release identification
b) Build script generation
c) Project support
d) Change history recording
Explanation:All other options are a part of version management.
4. Which method recommends that very frequent system builds should be carried out with automated testing to discover software problems?
a) Agile method
b) Parallel compilation method
c) Large systems method
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation:In keeping with the agile methods notion of making many small changes, continuous integration involves rebuilding the mainline frequently, after small source code changes have been made.
5. Which of the following is not a build system feature?
a) Minimal recompilation
b) Documentation generation
c) Storage management
Explanation:To reduce the storage space required by multiple versions of components that differ only slightly, version management systems usually provide storage management facilities.
6. Which of the following is a collection of component versions that make up a system?
d) None of the above
Explanation:Baselines are controlled, which means that the versions of the components making up the system cannot be changed.
7. Which of the following is a configuration item?
a) Design specification
b) Source code
c) Test specification
d) Log information
e) All of the mentioned
Explanation:A configuration item is an approved and accepted deliverable, changes have to be made through formal procedure.
8. Which of the following is a part of system release?
a) electronic and paper documentation describing the system
b) packaging and associated publicity that have been designed for that release
c) an installation program that is used to help install the system on target hardware
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation:Release creation is the process of creating the collection of files and documentation that includes all of the components of the system release.
9. A sequence of baselines representing different versions of a system is known as
a) System building
c) Software Configuration Item(SCI)
d) None of the above
Explanation:The answer is self explanatory.
10. Which of the following term is best defined by the statement “The creation of a new codeline from a version in an existing codeline”?
Explanation:The code may then be developed independently.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.