This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Sociotechnical Systems”.
1. A sociotechnical system is a system that includes
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: A sociotechnical system is a system that includes people, software, and hardware to show that you need to take a systems perspective on security and dependability.
Explanation: The application layer This layer delivers the application-specific functionality
that is required.
3. Consider an example of a system which has a police command and control system that may include a geographical information system to provide details of the location of incidents. What kind of system the example represents?
a) Complex System
b) Technical computer-based system
c) Sociotechnical System
d) Both Complex and Sociotechnical System
Explanation: Complex systems are usually hierarchical and so include other systems.
4. Which property of a sociotechnical system varies depending on how the component assemblies are arranged and connected?
Explanation: The volume of a system (the total space occupied) varies depending on how the component assemblies are arranged and connected.
5. Which property of a sociotechnical system depends on the technical system components, its operators, and its operating environment?
Explanation: Usability reflects how easy it is to use the system.
6. In a sociotechnical system, you need to consider reliability from perspectives namely:
a) only software reliability
b) only hardware reliability
c) hardware and software reliability
d) hardware, software and operator reliability
Explanation: In a sociotechnical system, you need to consider reliability from all three perspectives.
7. There are ________ overlapping stages in the lifetime of large and complex sociotechnical systems.
Explanation: The stages are Procurement, Development and Operation.
8. Sociotechnical systems are deterministic.
Explanation: Sociotechnical systems are non-deterministic partly because they include people and partly because changes to the hardware, software, and data in these systems are so frequent
9. What are the two ways to view the human error of a sociotechnical system?
a) hardware and software approach
b) management and users approach
c) person and systems approach
d) all of the mentioned
Explanation: The answer is self explanatory.
10. Human and organizational factors such as organizational structure and politics have a significant effect on the operation of sociotechnical systems.
Explanation: As people are a part of the system, hence they affect the sociotechnical system.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.