1. Which of the following property does not correspond to a good Software Requirements Specification (SRS) ?
Explanation: The SRS should be unambiguous in nature which means each sentence in SRS should have a unique interpretation.
2. Which of the following property of SRS is depicted by the statement : “Conformity to a standard is maintained” ?
Explanation: The SRS is complete full labeling and referencing of all figures, tables etc. and definition of all terms and units of measure is defined.
3. The SRS is said to be consistent if and only if
a) its structure and style are such that any changes to the requirements can be made easily while retaining the style and structure.
b) every requirement stated therein is one that the software shall meet
c) every requirement stated therein is verifiable
d) no subset of individual requirements described in it conflict with each other
Explanation: Real world object may conflict with each other for example one requirement says that all lights should be red while the other states that all lights should green.
4. Which of the following statements about SRS is/are true ?
i. SRS is written by customer
ii. SRS is written by a developer
iii. SRS serves as a contract between customer and developer
a) Only i is true
b) Both ii and iii are true
c) All are true
Explanation: The SRS acts as a communication media between the Customer, Analyst, system developers, maintainers etc. Thus it is a contract between Purchaser and Supplier. It is essentially written by a developer on the basis of customer’ need but in some cases it may be written by a customer as well.
5. The SRS document is also known as _____________ specification.
Explanation: The system is considered as a black box whose internal details are not known that is, only its visible external (input/output) behavior is documented.
6. Which of the following is included in SRS ?
b) Design Constraints
d) Delivery Schedule
Explanation: Design constraints include standards to be incorporated in the software, implementation language, resource limits, operating environment etc.
7. Which of the following is not included in SRS ?
c) Design solutions
d) External Interfaces
Explanation: The SRS document concentrates on:”what needs to be done” and carefully avoids the solution (“how to do”) aspects.
8. Arrange the given sequence to form a SRS Prototype outline as per IEEE SRS Standard.
i. General description
v. Specific Requirements
a) iii, i, ii,v, iv
b) iii, ii, i, v, iv
c) ii, i, v, iv, iii
Explanation: The given sequence correctly resemble a standard SRS prototype as per IEEE.
9. Consider the following Statement: “The output of a program shall be given within 10secs of event X 10% of the time.”What characteristic of SRS is being depicted here ?
Explanation: An SRS is verifiable, if and only if, every requirement stated therein is verifiable.Here the given condition can be verified during testing phase.
10. Consider the following Statement: “The data set will contain an end of file character.”What characteristic of SRS is being depicted here ?
Explanation: An SRS is unambiguous if and only if, every requirement stated therein has only one unique interpretation. The given statement does not answer the question: “which data set will have an end of file character ?”.
11. Consider the following Statement: “The product should have a good human interface.”What characteristic of SRS is being depicted here ?
Explanation: An SRS is verifiable, if and only if, every requirement stated therein is verifiable. The statement can only be answered on completion of the software and customer evaluation but still human interface will vary from person to person.
12. Narrative essay is one of the best types of specification document ?
Explanation: Narrative essay is one of the worst types of specification document as it is difficult to change, difficult to be precise, has scope for contradictions, etc.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.