This set of Software Engineering Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Project Planning”.
1. Which of the following is an important factor that can affect the accuracy and efficacy of estimates?
a) Project size
b) Planning process
c) Project complexity
d) Degree of structural uncertainty
Explanation: As size increases, the inter-dependency among various elements of the software grows rapidly.
2. What describes the data and control to be processed?
a) Planning process
b) Software scope
c) External hardware
d) Project complexity
Explanation: Functions described in the statement of scope are evaluated and in some cases refined to provide more detail prior to the beginning of estimation.
3. A number of independent investigators have developed a team-oriented approach to requirements gathering that can be applied to establish the scope of a project called
d) None of the mentioned
Explanation: Facilitated application specification techniques
(FAST), this approach encourages the creation of a joint team of customers
and developers who work together to identify the problem, propose elements
of the solution, negotiate different approaches, and specify a preliminary set of
4. CLSS stands for
a) conveyor line sorting system
b) conveyor line sorting software
c) conveyor line sorting speed
d) conveyor line sorting specification
Explanation: The conveyor line sorting system (CLSS) sorts boxes moving along a conveyor line. Each box is identified by a bar code that contains a part number and is sorted into one of six bins at the end of the line.
5. The project planner examines the statement of scope and extracts all important software functions which is known as
c) Planning process
d) All of the mentioned
6. The environment that supports the software project is called
Explanation: Software engineering environment (SEE), incorporates hardware and software.
7. Which of the following is not an option to achieve reliable cost and effort estimate?
a) Base estimates on similar projects that have already been completed
b) Use one or more empirical models for software cost and effort estimation
c) Use relatively simple decomposition techniques to generate project cost and effort estimates
d) The ability to translate the size estimate into human effort, calendar time, and dollars
8. What can be used to complement decomposition techniques and offer a potentially valuable estimation approach in their own right?
a) Automated estimation tools
b) Empirical estimation models
c) Decomposition techniques
d) Both Automated estimation tools and Empirical estimation models
Explanation: An estimation model for computer software uses empirically derived formulas to predict effort as a function of LOC or FP.
9. Which of the following is not achieved by an automated estimation tools?
a) Predicting staffing levels
b) Predicting software cost
c) Predicting software schedules
d) Predicting clients demands
Explanation: Demands can vary from client to client.
10. Software project estimation can never be an exact science, but a combination of good historical data and systematic techniques can improve estimation accuracy.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.