1. Identify a fourth generation language(4GL) from the given below.
c) Unix shell
Explanation: Rest all are third generation languages(3GL).
2. Arrange the following activities for making a software product using 4GT.
i. Design strategy
ii. Transformation into product
iv. Requirement gathering
a) 1, 4, 3, 2
b) 4, 3, 1, 2
c) 4, 1, 3, 2
d) 1, 3, 4, 2
Explanation: The sequence of activities mentioned in option c represents the Fourth Generation Techniques(4GT)Model.
3. 4GL is an example of ______________ processing.
a) White Box
b) Black Box
d) Both a & b
e) Both b & c
Explanation: Functional processing/testing is also referred to as black box testing in which contents of the black box are not known.Almost anything might be referred to as a black box:an algorithm or the human mind.Functionality of the black box is understood in terms of its inputs and outputs.
4. The 4GT Model is a package of __________________.
a) CASE Tools
b) Software tools
c) Software Programs
Explanation: 4GT encompasses a broad array of software tools enabling the software engineer to specify the characteristics at a high level leading to an automatically generated source code based on these specifications.
5. Which of the following is not a type of a 4GL? One originating _______________.
a) on Lisp machine
b) on report generators
c) from database query languages
d) from GUI creators
Explanation: Fifth-generation programming language are built on LISP.
6. In 4GT, we can specify the user requirements in graphic notation or small abbreviated language form.
7. Productivity of software engineers is reduced in using a 4GT.
Explanation: 4GLs are more programmer-friendly and enhance programming efficiency with usage of English-like words and phrases, thereby increasing the productivity of professionals able to engage in software development.
8. Which of the following 4GLs invented at IBM and subsequently adopted by ANSI and ISO as the standard language for managing structured data?
Explanation: C & JAVA are third generation languages(3GLs) wheras PROLOG is a 5GL.
9. What is a major advantage of using a 4GT Model for producing small scale products,
applications or programs ?
a) Improved productivity of software engineers.
b) Reduction in software development time.
c) 4GT helped by CASE tools and code generators offers a credible solution to many software problems.
Explanation: Since automated coding is done using CASE tools & code generators proponents claim a dramatic reduction in software development time.
10. Which of the following model has a major disadvantage in terms of the coding phase of a software life cycle model ?
a) Spiral Model
b) Waterfall Model
c) Rad Model
d) 4GT Model
Explanation: Since coding phase is eliminated in 4GT Model,more expertise is required for analysis,design and testing activities.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.