1. Select the option that suits the Manifesto for Agile Software Development
a) Individuals and interactions
b) Working software
c) Customer collaboration
d) Responding to change
e) All of the mentioned
2. Agile Software Development is based on
a) Incremental Development
b) Iterative Development
c) Linear Development
d) Waterfall Model
e) Both a and b
Explanation: The software is developed in increments with the customer specifying the requirements to be included in each increment and the highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
3. Which on of the following is not an agile method?
Explanation: The 4GT approach does not incorporate iteration and the continuous feedback,which is the fundamental aspect of an agile method.
4. Agility is defined as the ability of a project team to respond rapidly to a change.
Explanation: The aim of agile methods is to reduce overheads in the software process and to be able to respond quickly to changing requirements without excessive rework.
5. How is plan driven development different from agile development ?
a) Outputs are decided through a process of negotiation during the software development process.
b) Specification, design, implementation and testing are interleaved
c) Iteration occurs within activities
Explanation: A plan-driven approach to software engineering is based around separate development stages with the outputs to be produced at each of these stages planned in advance.
6. How many phases are there in Scrum ?
d) Scrum is an agile method which means it does not have phases.
Explanation: There are three phases in Scrum.The initial phase is an outline planning phase followed by a series of sprint cycles and project closure phase.
7. Agile methods seem to work best when team members have a relatively high skill level.
8. Which of the following does not apply to agility to a software process?
a) Uses incremental product delivery strategy
b) Only essential work products are produced
c) Eliminate the use of project planning and testing
Explanation: Testing is a major part of each software development process which cant be avoided.
9. Which three framework activities are present in Adaptive Software Development(ASD) ?
a) analysis, design, coding
b) requirements gathering, adaptive cycle planning, iterative development
c) speculation, collaboration, learning
10. In agile development it is more important to build software that meets the customers’ needs today than worry about features that might be needed in the future.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Software Engineering.