This is a Python Program to count the occurrences of each word in a given string sentence.
The program takes a string and counts the occurrence of each word in the given sentence.
1. Take a string and a word from the user and store it in separate variables.
2. Initialize a count variable to 0.
3. Split the string using space as the reference and store the words in a list.
4. Use a for loop to traverse through the words in the list and use an if statement to check if the word in the list matches the word given by the user and increment the count.
5. Print the total count of the variable.
Here is source code of the Python Program to calculate the length of a string without using library functions. The program output is also shown below.
string=raw_input("Enter string:") word=raw_input("Enter word:") a= count=0 a=string.split(" ") for i in range(0,len(a)): if(word==a[i]): count=count+1 print("Count of the word is:") print(count)
1. User must enter a string and a word and store it in separate variables.
2. The count variable is initialized to zero.
3. The string is split into words using space as the reference and stored in a list.
4. The for loop is used to traverse through the words in the list.
5. The count is incremented each time the word in the list is equal to the word given by the user.
6. The total count of the word is printed.
Case 1: Enter string:hello world Enter word:hello Count of the word is: 1 Case 2: Enter string:orange blue red orange Enter word:orange Count of the word is: 2
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Python Programs.
To practice all Python programs, here is complete set of 150+ Python Problems and Solutions.